Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Education certificate verification for Employment visa

Toggle
Hi,

I had my interview for my German National Visa for Employment today in Bangalore. I have a new contract with a well known company in Germany.

The officer asked for my original Bachelor of Engineering degree certificate and said that it'll be returned to me after verification. Is it normal? Will it delay the process of getting the visa? 

I'm kinda worried.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Education certificate verification for Employment visa
Answer
9/3/14 7:06 PM as a reply to Bhamida.
light:
Hi,

I had my interview for my German National Visa for Employment today in Bangalore. I have a new contract with a well known company in Germany.

The officer asked for my original Bachelor of Engineering degree certificate and said that it'll be returned to me after verification. Is it normal? Will it delay the process of getting the visa? 

not normal. hearing it for the first time.. where did you do your BE? If they ask for a fee then they will hire a lawyer to check with your univ..

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/3/14 7:49 PM as a reply to Bhamida.
Hi Light,

I had similar situation for my national visa at a German consulate in India. They asked me for my education details. And I have done my Bachelors from one of the premier and very old Universities in India.

For me, they did not take my original certificate. But they did their internal enquiry to check my educational details. I am a graduate in chemical engineering and I have never worked in that field. I started my career in It and still in that field. This is quite difficult for a german to think. So they checked whether my education is commensurate with my job description. For my case, my german company had an immigration lawyer appointed to process my visa. And they have access to all the internal departments of consulate. I could know from the immigration consultant, that my application was pending at the ZAB (Zentralstelle for Auslaändisches Bildungswesen) and they checked and certified that it is OK. This is why my visa processing took 3 months time. Whereas, another colleague of mine who submitted the visa form at the same consulate on the same day with the same company and he got his visa stamped within 5 days.

One more point is, just check whether your university has an H+ rating here.

http://anabin.kmk.org/no_cache/filter/institutionen.html

This is just an example and maybe an individual case. They do not perform this check for everyone. It's all dependent on the mood of the officer who is processing your case. So god save you.

I hope this experience will at least set your expectation right. I wish you that you get your visa very soon. All the best.

Regards
Max
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/4/14 4:19 AM as a reply to Max Grand.
Thanks for the reply.

1) No they did not ask me for any fee to verify.
2) I have a B.E in Computer Science and I have worked for 6 years in a very famous software product company. So I don't think that was a problem either.
3) My university does have a H+ rating.

So I don't know why the officer retained my original certificate. She told me that it'll be sent to me via post.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/4/14 7:58 AM as a reply to Bhamida.
@ Max...u are talking abt equivalence to German degree

They are checking whether the certificate is authentic
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/4/14 10:09 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
@ cebit

you are right.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/4/14 10:28 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hi,

It is pretty much Normal. I have heard many applicants going through the same experience @ Bangalore Consulate.

Similar for other significant documents as well (For Family reunion, they would ask for Originals of Marriage Certificate, Kids Birth Certificate), etc.

If all is well (All documents are good and if You are eligible for Blue Card), You should get a mail by tomorrow or within a week for Visa Stamping.

So, do not worry. Just cool down and go about the next steps.

BR,
Uday
0 (2 Votes)

Answer
9/4/14 12:50 PM as a reply to U S.
Uday is right!!

I got my visa today!! 
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/5/14 11:42 AM as a reply to Bhamida.
Congrats.. Please do mark the question as answered!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/5/14 8:02 PM as a reply to Bhamida.
congrats light.
only one day you got employment visa, amazing! did you have zav pre approval? 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/6/14 7:15 AM as a reply to Saeed.
sas, is zav the same as the BA? In any case, I didn't have the preapproval. I just produced the documents that were mentioned in the checklist.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/14 8:50 AM as a reply to Bhamida.
I guess ZAV and BA approval is same. But I'm not sure. ZAV approval is given by international placement agency 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/14 5:23 AM as a reply to Bhamida.
Dear all,

i am interested in job seeker visa.My education qualification is B.E Computer.My university is H+ recognized  at anabin.Still do i need to evalute my education documents? or i can apply for the appointment for visa.Guys please guide me.

Regards,
Shan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/14 5:44 AM as a reply to shan Gadhavi.
No
+2 (2 Votes)

Answer
9/13/14 8:54 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Dear ,

Thank You for your kind and quick reply.Highly appreciated.

Regards,
Shan
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3