Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Change of insurance and pregnancy

Toggle
Change of insurance and pregnancy
Answer
9/3/14 1:40 AM
Hi everybody,

I did search my question in all threads but I did not find answer to my query so thats why I am posting here.
I am a PhD student and living with my wife in Germany. We both have private insurance. We changed our health insurance starting from August 1st, 2014 (private to private) due to some reasons. Meanwhile, fortunately my wife got pregnant. Her last menstrual period was between 23 to 28th July, which means she conceived in first week of August as I learned that ovulation takes place between 11-21 days since the last period.
We went for pregnancy test at some clinic in last week of August. They told us that my wife is 5 weeks pregnant that means they counted the last menstrual period into pregnancy period. Now we also have an appointment with a doctor in coming week.
I wounder will this some mess up of dates cause any problem with our health insurance? Because when I will send report to my isurance they may ask that she is already 5 week pregnant starting from end of July and new insurance starts from August 1st.

Waiting for helping reply from some experienced people.

Thanks for your help!

BigB
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Change of insurance and pregnancy
Answer
9/3/14 8:22 AM as a reply to Muhammad Abid Abid.
Your wife had to sign a disclosure form about health before signing up with the new insurer. I suppose her pregnancy was not known at that point of time. It will not create any problem. They cannot decline cover to pregnant ladies.

Inform the insurer that she is pregnant.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Change of insurance and pregnancy
Answer
9/3/14 9:15 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thank you cebit for helping reply. But they never asked her to sign any disclouse before signing the insurance. I did all the things online. Okay I will inform my insurance about her pregnancy.

Again thanks.

best regards

0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3