Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Change from working visa to "Freibrufler visa" question

Toggle
Hi, all! I am currently facing a big problem. I am a Chinese citizen and working in Berlin for 1 and half years, I don't have german academic degree but lived here 1.5 years before studied in an international school.
The problem right now is my company want to switch the contract to "freimitarbeiter" therefore ask me to change visa. So it is possible to change my current working visa with employer restriction to "Freimitarbeiter" visa (with same company)? Thank you very much! Really appreciated for your reply!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Change from working visa to "Freibrufler visa" question
Answer
8/5/11 6:02 PM as a reply to guang Yang.
Hi,

I am sure that the alien office will not change your visa!

What your employer wants to do seems to be illegal.

Read this:

http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/start_up/false_or_pseudo_self-employment

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/11 7:57 PM as a reply to guang Yang.
By what reason do you think this activity is surely not going to happen, please let me know so that I could also let them know? In my opinion, while become a freelancer, I also get the chance to work and experience different firms or places.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/11 8:11 PM as a reply to guang Yang.
It depends on your qualifications and the time you already worked in Germany.

Time is not sufficient, about your qualifications you did not tell us.

Well, try it!

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/11 8:19 PM as a reply to guang Yang.
Hi Detlef,
I am not questioning, I am just simply trying to find my way get this thing done there, I am more worry about this than anyone. It is just the secretary in our office doesn't have legal experience in this aspect. So it would be really appreciated if you could give me some hints or suggestions, thank you very much for everything!

Cheers
guang
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/11 10:09 PM as a reply to guang Yang.
Hi Guang,

I wrote 'try it' because there are no absolute rules.

Usually one gets a freelancer permit after 3 years, but I already had the case, that a new employee of my company got this 'Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet' already after the first 3 month.

This happend 2 or 3 times, others did not get it after 3 years, they had to present a business plan before they got it at the end.

It is a matter of luck, therefore I wrote 'try it'!

Again, good luck and have a nice weekend - all of you :-)
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/7/11 6:07 PM as a reply to guang Yang.
Thank you for the information you provided, I am not sure whether I can make it but still thank you for telling me all that! My company promised me to help me with the whole process, I hope they are sincere about it...anyway, I'll let you know how it goes about this.

best regards! To you and also to me...
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18