Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Salary to be asked and living expense in Koblenz, Germany (8+ Exp)

Toggle
Dear Trust7 community,

I am Jan Singh from India and I am almost through for a job opportunity in Koblenz, Germany.
I will have a salary discussion/negotiation call on coming Monday (25.08.2014) from the company.

I am a Sr. Engineer with 8+ years’ experience in Electronics Hardware/Engineering filed.
I am planning to move Germany with my wife (she was a high school teacher) and 4 year’s old daughter.

Could anyone suggest me, what is the decent salary can be asked for my experience to survive in Koblenz, Germany and do little savings? On what basis he should calculate his salary breakup ?? House Rent, Food Expenses, etc... ?? 

Also what about the average living cost in Koblenz, Germany?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to hear from you soon!

Br,
Jan Singh
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Salary to be asked and living expense in Koblenz, Germany (8+ Exp)
Answer
8/20/14 7:39 PM as a reply to Jan Singh.
Hi Jan,

I am not an insider in your professional field and I can not give good advice for your personal salary negotiaton, but generally I can assure you, that you can have a good life when your salary meets the minimum requirements for the Blue Card.

Here is a link where you can explore some statistics about living costs.

https://www.destatis.de/

K
oblenz is a very nice town at the river Rhine and less expensive than big cities like Munich or Berlin.

Maybe there are some of our members who can give you more tips!?

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/21/14 6:23 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hello,

Thanks for your valuable reply. I will go through the link and understand in detail.
In the meantime, I will except reply from group members too.Once again thanks for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Jan Singh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/22/14 10:31 AM as a reply to Jan Singh.
Maybe this link might give some information 

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46051

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=233989  --> this is for Munich but you can reduce House rent by 25% and calculate - Just a 1st order estimate as Munich Housing is slightly costly compared to other places.

All the best !!! 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18