Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Elterngeld for non-EU

Toggle
Elterngeld for non-EU
Answer
8/12/14 6:23 PM
Hi,
I am a non-EU citizen. I worked here for more than two years. I have a visa under §18 abs.4 s.1.  Previously it was §16. My visa is valid until July next year and my work permit is tied to my employer. My contract normally extends for one year every year and it can be only extended until October 2016 (it is mentioned in the aufenthaltstitel). My wife also worked more than two years and her contract finished in July this year. It will not be extended. Now she has a visa under clause 30 and the duration is tied to me. But she has a work permit not restricted to any employer. We are expecting a baby in August.

Is my wife eligible for elterngeld and kindergeld?

I will be grateful to receive any comments/advise/suggestion. Thank you.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Elterngeld for non-EU
Answer
8/13/14 11:02 AM as a reply to Neel Pande.
Your wife is eligible for Elterngeld and you are eligible for Kindergeld. 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Elterngeld for non-EU
Answer
8/13/14 3:19 PM as a reply to Neel Pande.
As far as I know, your wife will be eligible for Elterngeld and your nationality is not important.
You can also apply for kindergeld.

Bests,
Sara 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7