Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Applying for German citizenship

Applying for German citizenship
Answer
8/7/14 4:10 PM
Hi everyone,

I am going to apply for German Citizenship based on 7 years residence here and having studied at a German university and having a job and B1 certificate.
I have two questions:
1) I had heard after living 7 years in Germany and having a job and a B1 certificate, one can apply for citizenship. But the lady there told me, one must have studied in a German program at a German university to be eligible after 7 years (without studying in Germany one needs 8 years). Although I fulfill this requirement, I would like to know if having studied is always necessary in order to reduce the 8 years to 7 (I had heard B1 already reduces 8 years to 7).

2) My husband has done his PhD in another European country and because of this they told us he can apply after 8 years although his wife is aplying now.
We are married since 8 years and have a child together. Doesn't it sound a bit strange that I get German passport now and he must wait one more year because he did not study in Geramny?

Any useful information will be appreciated.

Bests,
Sara
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3