Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

arbeitslos insurance fro freelancers

Toggle
arbeitslos insurance fro freelancers
Answer
10/20/11 3:39 PM
Hi

I know that one can pay unemployment contributions out of one's own will to government while working as freelancer so that he is secured for unemployment . Is something like this offered by private insurance companies as well ?

Aby
0 (0 Votes)

Re: arbeitslos insurance fro freelancers
Answer
10/20/11 3:49 PM as a reply to aby baby.
AFAIK - No

But a good article about the government ALV below

http://www.zeit.de/karriere/beruf/2011-01/faq-freiwillige-arbeitslosenversicherung
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/11 4:46 PM as a reply to aby baby.
Thanks Raj .
Some doubt came up after reading this .The articele tells about registering yourself as a freelacer with arbeitsamt as far as i unedrstood but i have not done that . I am workig as contractor for a company 'A' who is getiing paid by another company 'B' on whose project i work .
I raise invoice to company 'A'. Am i doing something wrong? Is this not 100% freeelancing?

Aby.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/11 5:53 PM as a reply to aby baby.
Of course it is freelancing and there is no problem in it. But be careful if you have only one customer for a very long time, then it will be considered scheinselbständig and you may have to pay rentenversicherung to the government. Invest money for a good steuerberater as you may have to deal with lots of paperwork for everything
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/11 6:34 PM as a reply to aby baby.
Thanks Raj.
What period categorizes as long ..2,3 or more years ?

Aby
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/11 7:46 PM as a reply to aby baby.
if your hourly rate is high and work in IT, most probably you can escape scrutiny. But i heard that it is around 3 years.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/11 3:54 PM as a reply to aby baby.
I raise invoice to company 'A'. Am i doing something wrong? Is this not 100% freeelancing?
- As long as you have registered yourself
in finanzamt as freelancer and have your umsatzsteur nummer - it is 100% freelancing.

What period categorizes as long ..2,3 or more years ?
As long as i know it is 2 years for IT freelancers.

Better to ask steuerberater at first place.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott