Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Work permit to dependent visa -- Urgent help pls.

Toggle
Hello everyone,

I need your advice/help.

I came 5 months ago to Germany with work contract. However, my husband had already been working here. Since I was geeting job offer, I applied for work permit instead of dependent visa. 

1 . Now my contract is ending. Will it be possible to convert my work permit to dependent visa without going back to India ?

I checked the forum before posting this question and found one such post but it does not answer all questiong. I am not sure what are the formalities that I will have to do for converting the visa.  

2. What will be the documents required: Birth certificate ?

3.Dependent visa in India needs lots of time (background verification etc etc), will the same process be followed here ? 

I am bit confused and need your help. 

Regards
Megha
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Work permit to dependent visa -- Urgent help pls.
Answer
8/2/14 12:30 PM as a reply to Megha Arora.
Please suggest...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/3/14 3:16 PM as a reply to Megha Arora.
megha:
Hello everyone,

I need your advice/help.

I came 5 months ago to Germany with work contract. However, my husband had already been working here. Since I was geeting job offer, I applied for work permit instead of dependent visa. 

1 . Now my contract is ending. Will it be possible to convert my work permit to dependent visa without going back to India ?

You must check at info4aliens.de. Regardless of the outcome, you should apply at your ABH,  sometimes they may grant. I have known of cases where tourist visa was converted to spouse visa (though it is not allowed). 

I checked the forum before posting this question and found one such post but it does not answer all questiong. I am not sure what are the formalities that I will have to do for converting the visa.  

2. What will be the documents required: Birth certificate ?

marriage certificate

3.Dependent visa in India needs lots of time (background verification etc etc), will the same process be followed here ? 

If it is allowed to change of  visa purpose, your marriage certificate may be sent for verification to India. This may take time.

I am bit confused and need your help. 

Regards
Megha
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
8/3/14 3:44 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thank you very much cebit.
At least i have some hope. I"ll check the site . 
Will it be ok to ask ABH about this scenario before disclosing it so that we can consult a lawyer if required ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/3/14 4:00 PM as a reply to Megha Arora.
You must apply for a change of purpose at ABH before you consult a lawyer. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/3/14 4:01 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thank you cebit
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18