Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Self Employment Services - Procedure?

Toggle
Self Employment Services - Procedure?
Answer
7/14/10 1:46 PM
Dear all,

I am a NE and my wife who has recently been relocated to Germany would like to start her own business. Unfortunately, she does not have a NE like me whereby she can do any kind of work. For that she needs to get the permission from Ausländerbehörde. My wife wants to start her own self employed (single employee) Online Services company whereby she works from home.
I shall be thankful if anyone of you know the exact procedures of setting-up the firm. What and all documents we need to provide to Ausländerbehörde to convince them that she needs a clause on her visa to be self-employed? What are the next procedures after that?

Thanks and Regards
-Simon
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Self Employment Services - Procedure?
Answer
7/14/10 3:02 PM as a reply to Simon Paul.
If she has "Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet" then she is allowed to open a company/work Freelance
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/15/10 12:37 AM as a reply to Simon Paul.
@Raj,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately she does not have Erwerbstätigkeit too. Yet when she was issued the visa, she was told that she can convert it once she finds a job.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/15/10 12:52 AM as a reply to Simon Paul.
Since you have NE, your wife is automatically eligible for EG. It is not necessary to have a job offer to change the visa.

http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/aufenthaltsg.html#30
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/10 5:55 PM as a reply to Simon Paul.
All the souces (hubby or wibi), all who came here to accoumany his/her counterpart, especially after NE was obtained, had a (EG) permission to work naturally, given from the beginning. I dont know why in your case, it was the other way. I think it was a mistake from the ABH.

Just try to find out. Because, as long as she dont have that permission, will be difficult to get employment, because the copamny has to process it, it is a nuisance for them.

Since you have a NE, she is entitled to get a GE automatically, I know this was the case with all friends i know.

Once you have EG, you dont need any approval from anybody, just go to Gewerbeamt in your local place(it is usually a part of rathaus) and register as self employed, mentioning the field, it costs 20 Euros, as I know.

They may ask you some funny questions but are not necessary. A few of them try to dicourage foreigners, unfortunately but you can convince them.

Another more definite way is to approach the arbeitsamt (once you have allowance to work, EG), to show your interest in self employment.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott