Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Entry into Germany with Fiktionsbescheinigung

Toggle
Hallo friends
I have a situation at hand now. I have been working as a Scientific Assistant in a public University in Germany from 2009 and my Phd thesis is under evaluation now. I currently have an Aufenthaltstitel (Arbeitssuche visa) which is valid till August 24. From enquiries, I got to know that my phd defense dates would be only in September. In this case, I need to extend my German visa on the ground that I will have to take up my Phd defense. Mostly, it is possible that I receive a Fiktionsbescheiningung for my stay until my defense gets over.

Meanwhile, I have been offered a job in the UK for which I have a personal interview on Aug 26. 
I will apply for the UK visa and then plan to extend (both before Aug 24) my German visa and visit the UK for the interview.

My question is, will I be allowed inside Germany when I get back from the UK after the interview? Am I allowed entry into Germany with a Fiktionsbescheiningung ?

Your thoughts, inputs or previous experience would be of great help.
Thanks in advance
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Entry into Germany with Fiktionsbescheinigung
Answer
7/30/14 5:07 PM as a reply to HamInd.
Of course. Within EU you should not have a problem. If you are planning something out of EU, avoid connecting flights from Middle East. Direct flights would be much better. I did travel with this paper and never had problems.

One of my colleagues had problems while travelling through Middle East though.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/30/14 5:54 PM as a reply to HamInd.
hey friend
thanks for the info. So, in this case, you reckon that I would be able to enter Germany from UK with the Fiktionsbescheinigung ?

And from your answer, in case I also plan to visit India, it seems that it would be a safer option to take up a direct flight ?

Thanks

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/31/14 10:09 AM as a reply to HamInd.
Yes Hamid. The answer for your 2 questions is YES. All the best.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott