Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Traveling within the job finding period

Toggle
Traveling within the job finding period
Answer
7/28/14 12:43 PM
Hello,

I recently moved to Berlin for a job with a US company here and soon after getting here they decided to dissolve the entire team. I came on a Blue Card thanks to the job, and from what I read on the internet, I have 3 months to look for another job. Now, I have an urgent personal matter to attend to in India and need to travel for about 3 weeks. Going by the 3-month period, I have till October 8th on my visa, but my question is, is there any complication with me traveling or will I face any issues in re-entering? Just FYI I'm already in talks for a new job but looks like the contract will be signed only when I'm back. I've looked online for clearing this doubt, but found no information. I went to the Auslanderbehorde 3 times now to clarify, and I feel like even they're misinformed (they told me my visa was valid till 2016 just because it's on my blue card- but how can that be if I've lost my job?) Anyway, any thoughts? Thanks already!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Traveling within the job finding period
Answer
7/29/14 11:46 AM as a reply to Misoni Panam.
Any thoughts, anyone?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/29/14 10:06 PM as a reply to Misoni Panam.
Have you informed ABH in writing abt change in circumstance and you need job search visa? You are obliged to inform them.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/30/14 9:28 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
I wasn't aware I need a special job searching visa since I'm on a blue card, and apparently one gets 3 months to look for another job.
http://ec.europa.eu/immigration/tab1.do?subSec=29&language=7$en

As I mentioned, I'd even gone to the ABH a few times earlier and they didn't advise me of the process. in fact they told me my blue card is still valid till 2016, which is incorrect. This has been incredibly confusing and vague. I took another appointment, although it is after I return from my travel.

Are you aware of the process and can you share links if you have? Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott