Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

confusing situation!!

Umschalten
confusing situation!!
Antwort
05.11.09 20:46
Hi everyone,

I am in a bit of a delima. I have applied for citizenship since my wife is german. Evrything went well for a while and now I have been told that my wife has to create a special document to prove she is german. we have submitted her birth certificate and the marriage certificate of her parents along with her passport copy.

What more proof can one give?

the questionaire she has been given asks for information wether her forefathers were german and things like that.

is that relevant in my case. isnt everyone who has a german passport and citizenship equal regardless of how long they have been german??

really confused. Please advice

Sheldon
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: confusing situation!!
Antwort
05.11.09 22:08 als Antwort auf Sheldon Fernandes.
since you are applying as the spouse of a german citizen, it is ofcourse relevant to your case. But these burocratic things are expected. Just submit the forms with relevant document proofs and wait for the result. If they give a negative answer, then consult a lawyer. But be patient, you should not have any problem.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: confusing situation!!
Antwort
08.11.09 17:13 als Antwort auf Sheldon Fernandes.
Hi,

it is not surprising that they have asked such a thing and is also the reason why most of my frineds even Germans prefer to get married in Denmark nad not in Germany. It takes only 3 days in Denmark and Heiratsurkunde is equally valid in Germany.

Anyways, you should loon for Familiestammbuch for your wife. It should have list of her forefathers, ancestors.

Tony
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18