Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Cross border transaction - VAT

Toggle
Cross border transaction - VAT
Answer
8/16/11 5:42 AM
Hi,

I am new to Freelancing world. Please share your experiences in the following questions:

Case 1: Freelancing Project execution country is Belgium. The Consulting company which is recruting for this project is an UK based company. If I (German national, registered as Freelancer) take up this freelancing project from a UK consulting company, should I have to pay Sales tax (VAT)?

Case 2: Same situation as like the Case 1 but here the Project execution country is Germany. Should I have to pay Sales tax in this case?

Thank you in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Cross border transaction - VAT
Answer
8/16/11 12:05 PM as a reply to S V.
you have to pay VAT. irrespective to which country. There is a EU wide law, which does not matter where you pay the VAT. But as long as you have paid in one country you need not pay in another.

Check with your tax consultant on this.

my clients pay VAT in Netherlands even though they outsource to India where i am currently based.

regards
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Cross border transaction - VAT
Answer
8/16/11 1:21 PM as a reply to S V.
Hi Savion,

thanks for the reply.

Just now got clarified with the Tax consultant. He says, with a International Tax number, I dont need to pay any VAT (Umsatzsteuer), as the billing company sits in UK. Irrespective of the Project execution location.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott