Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Validity of Indian Bank Legal Notice

Toggle
Validity of Indian Bank Legal Notice
Answer
10/14/08 11:25 PM
I received a legal notice from HDFC bank for not clearing due of Rs 4000 after a gap of 4years.I have already canceled the paid the dues before i left India and been living in Germany for 4yrs.
This is total harrasement by the bank to send such notice to my address and received by my parents.Also when my father contacted HDFC they are not ready to give any kind of statement and only say this is the amount and clear thats all.
I would like to know what are the consequence of such legal notices for me in future if i don't care for it,will i have trouble later in Germany or when i return to India.
Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Validity of Indian Bank Legal Notice
Answer
10/15/08 12:20 AM as a reply to srinivas kumar.
I would suggest that you fax a copy of those proof to HDFC's Complaints & feedback counter & sternly ask them to close all transactions dated back 2004.

I had similar experience with ANZ Bank, they had sent a letter amounting to dues of $50. But they kept quiet after I sent them the proof of Account closure formalaties done before.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/08 11:28 AM as a reply to srinivas kumar.
Send them a registered letter with acknowldgement and proofs that you paid the dues and threaten them that you will complain to the banking ombudsman for harassing you. They will buckle down.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/08 12:54 PM as a reply to srinivas kumar.
If you have the paper proofs of Rs.4000 returned back to HDFC bank, then you yourself can send them a legal notice too. The bank has tried to exploit you by asking the same amount when it has been paid already. Since your paretns have received the notice, send your parents the proof of your payment and ask them to send a legal notice to HDBC though a lawer for such attemt of exploitation and harrasment. You can also charge them some amount for such attempts but it is up to the case.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/08 1:58 PM as a reply to srinivas kumar.
Thanks all for your response.
Yes i do have the proofs but its in India and not with me here,i can only get them when i am there but the legal notice which they send gives me a date to clear all dues or they take action.I cannot go on the specific date which they gave.
I don't know how far they go exploiting the customers.If i don't care for the legal notice what else can they do for such a small amount which they claim.
Will it be a problem for me in future with my Visa or other Banks in India or abroad.
Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/08 2:20 PM as a reply to srinivas kumar.
>>Yes i do have the proofs but its in India

So who has the proofs in India if not your parents. Ask them to find the papers and do as what others are suggesting.

There is no credit agency in India, so other banks may not be aware of one's personal history.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/08 5:26 PM as a reply to srinivas kumar.
FYI, there is a credit agency like SCHUFA. It is better you get them sorted out quickly.

Send a letter to your parents and ask your parents to attach the proofs. they can send it to the bank.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/08 5:59 PM as a reply to srinivas kumar.
@Srinivas30

If you are not sure about the proof then I would advice you to pay off the Rs 4000 and get a clean chit. Its not worth getting into legal hassels for just a tiny amount.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/08 6:37 PM as a reply to srinivas kumar.
Credit agency like SCHUFA in India. If you dont mind me asking what is this agency called.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/08 7:20 PM as a reply to srinivas kumar.
@raj

www.cibil.com
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3