Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Domain Hosting

Toggle
Domain Hosting
Answer
9/26/06 1:49 PM
hello all,

I want to my website hosting.

I want to use JSP , TOMCAT, MYSQL
All provider like 1to1 i see PHP options.

Can any suggest me some good hosting providers.

Regards
Pacs
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Domain Hosting
Answer
9/26/06 2:52 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
When I wanted to host JSPs, I came across http://www.futurepoint.com/hosting.php but I finally ended deciding to host them myself. But you can check them, they seem to be good.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/06 3:45 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
@ NoBody

What you mean by
"but I finally ended deciding to host them myself."

regards
pac
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/06 4:10 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
"What you mean by "" "

Well my rough guess would be buying a static ip with fast dsl connection and preparing a dedicated server at home attached to this connection.. ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/06 4:56 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
@DuPAC

Lacrima is right, it's exactly what I'm doing at the moment: I resigned with my actual ISP to move to one which should give me a 16 Mbps connection and provides static IP for 4.99/month. It was the only way for me to cut down the thing and have a better hand on my business as all be running for/thru it.

I'm actually finishing building the servers.

For the provider I switched to, refer to www.strato.de

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/06 6:26 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
ok ow i got it ...

What ur website name NoBody

regards
pac
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/06 8:48 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
http://www.dwitech.com

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/27/06 4:00 AM as a reply to Du Pac.
Nobody wrote:
I'm actually finishing building the servers.

What you mean with that? Do you mean here that it is not worth maintaining such a server at home any more, because of extra time you need to maintain Apache and all over it, like SQL, PHP etc.? 16 Mbps quite good for thousands of TCP ports... I think you have a powerful PC with RAID harddisks...

Just curious though. Web page at DWITECH is nice!

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/27/06 12:44 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
Hi NoBody,

There are some small errors on the page.

Services
minimise -> minimize

Technologies
dfferent -> different
hels -> helps
principaly -> principaly

Customers
infrastucture -> infrastructure

Terms of use
conditons -> conditions

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/27/06 1:47 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
@Mottor

thanks, I will correct them.

@Klenze17
I meant by that I don't want to rely on external people to host my applications under servers I won't fully control so I 'm assembling the complete servers with the specs that I want to get and keep them more flexible and even if it will get some money out for the electricity, I can estimate how much and get it deduced from my bills. But I was able to get a good deal from my brother who leads the Tech Support of Acer Italy and I took 3 Acer Altos Server R910, so not really PCs re-configured but really business servers.

But the whole should be a clone of what I am already hosting down in Siracusa, Italy.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/28/06 4:29 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
please check out

http://www.joomla.org/
Joomla - What and Why

PHP enabled CMS system.

Create fast and flexible websites

regards
pac
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/28/06 5:00 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
My website is made with Jommla, using a different template. I found that easy enough to go with as I actually doesn't have the time to concentrate myself on building a complete design as I used to do before.

See http://demotemplates.joomlashack.com/lightfast/index.php?jos_change_template=js_lightfast_red

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Domain Hosting(Legal issues)
Answer
9/29/06 2:15 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
I have been working in medical domain for couple of years.Its a complex event driven automated treatment plans which normal physicians hate to adapt.

Now i work in different project.

Due to my self interest and the scope , i want to put my thoughts and develop a prototype Framework, hopefully some one could invest.

Currently i am working for same company , Is it good idea to make public my ideas in my website.

Is it legal......

Regards
Pac
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/2/06 2:06 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
DuPAc wrote:
Due to my self interest and the scope , i want to put my thoughts and develop a prototype Framework, hopefully some one could invest.

Currently i am working for same company , Is it good idea to make public my ideas in my website.

Is it legal......

As long as the ideas are not explicitly related to the work area of your current company, it is legal.

Otherwise, I am afraid it can be illegal. The reason is, that maybe you are not allowed to produce a second job/thought, outside of your company, in the same area where your company has market, as long as you work for the company.

Your company might sue you because they can imply that you are using company resources for the things you want to make public on internet. For future plans and to make serious work, it is probably better to leave the company first, to get rid of this restriction. You might have to inform your company in written form, what you are trying to do.

The work contracts cover such items. Check your work contract. I strogly advise you to be careful what you do.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/2/06 2:25 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
Another point from my side:

You can file patent(s) for your ideas. This will guarantee to prevent people from stealing those and making profit without you. But it might cost you a lot of money and time, because Patent Offices are not cheap.

Even if you want to file a patent for the ideas which might be related to your company, company can sue you again, because everything you produce, which might be related to company, belongs to the company. The patents too.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18