Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Marriage visa-Exception of German language for the future spouse(19a card)

Toggle
Marriage visa-Exception of German language for the future spouse(19a card)
language requirement marriage visa
Answer
7/11/14 4:32 PM
I am an permanent resident(19a/blue card holder) and serving as an engineer in a well reputed electronic company in Germany . Last month I had got permission from Oberlandesgericht to get married with my future wife in Germany. But I heard previously that no language proficiency is required for 19a/ blue card holder’s spouse. But recently I have contacted the german consulate regarding marriage visa for my future wife. And the consulate replied that it is mandatory  for the marriage visa nevertheless if I get married before settling Germany. But from foreigner’s registration office told me, it is not required for my future wife according to the law act §30 Absatz 1 Satz 1 Nr. 2 i.V.m §30 Absatz 1 satzt 3 Nr. 5 Aufenthaltsgesetz. (Keine sprachnachweis notwendig).  Could you please give me your expert opinion about this? At this moment, it is too hardfor my future wife to complete the language because of 06 months  validity of marriage permission paper where only 04 months are remaining. Thank you for your kind advice or comment. Best Regards, R Karim
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Marriage visa-Exception of German language for the future spouse(19a ca
Answer
7/11/14 4:43 PM as a reply to Rony Karim.
Since you are permanent resident, you are no more blue card holder. The exemption from language is only for spouses of blue card. Other experts feel free to correct me.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/14 6:37 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hello Mr. Cebit, after having permanent resident, the card still consider as blue card that i go informed by foreign office as well as from visa office. But the visa employee says, the facility of exemption of language only for married couple who got married before settling germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/12/14 4:56 PM as a reply to Rony Karim.
If you are sure, then ask your  fiancee to apply for the spouse visa and in the cover letter quote the law which states that she is exempted ffrom German course.

When the application reaches ABH in Germany, they will ask for payslips and rental papers. At that time, you could write a letter highlighting the law that your wife is exempted from learning German.

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18