Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Beginning work before eAT arrives?

Toggle
Beginning work before eAT arrives?
Answer
7/10/14 5:00 PM
Am I able to begin work before my eAT (electronic residence permit) has arrived?

I have applied for a Working Holiday visa (my home county is New Zealand) and my understanding is that it has been approved (I began the process over a week ago, have had 2 meetings now - fingerprints taken, paid, docs all signed etc). All the documents state that the Visa is valid from today (10th July) for 12 months but I have to wait for the eAT to be 'processed' which can take 3-6 weeks from what was told, and have read online. One site I read suggested that you are given a temporary permit but I haven't got anything except a reciept for the fees, and I can't find anything to confirm if there is any truth in that suggestion.

I have a few interviews coming up over the next week and I know they will all ask "When can I start?". From the documents I read before applying, I was under the impression that the Visa would take only 3-4 days to process (these were from the German Embassy website) so I put the 14th of July as a start date on applications but I now think the documents were severely outdated.

My main concerned that I will be less attractive to employers as I would only have 11 months left on my initial visa if I have to physically have it before beginning work.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Beginning work before eAT arrives?
Answer
7/10/14 10:19 PM as a reply to Jono.
You dont have to wait for eAT to arrive. Most foreigners have started working from day one and got the eAT after 2-3 months.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott