Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work Permit from UK's German Consulate

Toggle
Work Permit from UK's German Consulate
work permit visa stamping work permit outside india
Answer
7/9/14 11:26 PM
Hello,

I have got a situation and I am confused how it can be handled. The situtation is, I am going to attend a job interview next week in Germany. But my current company is planning to send me in UK for a project. For that reason they have already started work permit processing , they are planning to apply in premium category so that I can travel in 3-4 weeks time from now. But I'm more interested into the job for which I am going to Germany since it is more into my field and better job as per me.

Now the scenarios are as follows :
1) If I have to travel to UK, by the time I get to know the interview result, can I apply for German work permit & Visa directly in the German Consulate present in UK ? Since may be possible I'll have 1 or 2 months UK's playslip and 1 India payslip or any this kind of issues.

2) If I apply work permit here in Kolkata then travel to UK before getting it in hand, can I collect the Work Permit from the UK's German Consulate and do the VISA stamping from UK itself ?

Or please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,
Ranadeep
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Work Permit from UK's German Consulate
Answer
7/10/14 8:17 AM as a reply to Ranadeep Dhar.
1. If you are a resident of UK then you can apply from UK.
2. Most probably not.. Try it
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/10/14 10:09 AM as a reply to Ranadeep Dhar.
1. No, you should be resident in that country for more than 180 days to apply for visa to any other country. You can refer UK home office site for more information.
2. No. At the time of application one has to specify home country name and visa will be stamped in that country. I second Cebit thoughts as well, you can try.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/10/14 11:52 AM as a reply to hprj.
@hprj

UK home office does not have any authority who can apply for visa to other countries. German embassy website only states that residents can apply and not 6 month residency. You can still go ahead and apply. If you already worked in Germany, they will not thoroughly check all the documentation.

@ranadeep

Try delaying your UK visa trip by either applying for visa late or not to tell your employer that you got your UK visa. They are going to hold the passport with them till your visa application is processed. so you cannot apply for German visa till the UK visa is stamped.
 Even salary slips are not important when you apply for work visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/10/14 3:22 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thanks Cebit for your reply.

Actually my current employer is initiating the UK work permit (may be by tonight or by tomorrow). Monday I have the interview in Germany. Now my manager is forcing me to complete the WP related process ASAP.
Therefore by any means I'll have to submit the WP latest by Monday night.

Now I don't have any idea whether German Employer will give the offer letters in hand or how long they will take to decide on the selection.

I get to know well before then I can communicate to my manager that I don't want to travel to UK. But if they make delay in updating then I don't know how to proceed. Since as per you I can't apply WP there in German Consulate,UK unless I get the resident permit, I'm sure that will take some time to prepare.

Please suggest.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/10/14 3:26 PM as a reply to Ranadeep Dhar.
Is it possible that, I apply the work permit here in India before leaving in India, and my father collects it from the consulate with my authorization letter. Then I apply for the VISA with the WP approval in German Consulate in UK?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/10/14 5:00 PM as a reply to Ranadeep Dhar.
ranadeep:
Is it possible that, I apply the work permit here in India before leaving in India, and my father collects it from the consulate with my authorization letter. Then I apply for the VISA with the WP approval in German Consulate in UK?

If youa re attending the interview in Germany now, definitely it takes 3 months before you join the job. Work contract, workpermit, notice period for Indian company...

If you apply for German WP before leaving India, you have to submit the Passport for stamping after the approval of the visa ca. 4 weeks. If you are in UK, the passport should7must be with you in UK.

how can you send the passport for stamping the German Visa, forget about your father collecting it.

Don't ride on two horses and complicate the issue. Tell to your present employer that you are not willing to travel to UK and wait for the result of the German interview.

-coolguy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/10/14 10:23 PM as a reply to coolguy munich.
@ranadeep

First attend the interview and wait for the outcome. I dont think you will get UK work visa within a week. By then you will know the outcome. So relax... Applying for German visa in Kalkotta and collecting in UK. is ruled out.  Good luck with your interview
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/10/14 10:31 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thanks Cebit emoticon.

Suppose if I crack the interview ... should I immediately resign or I should wait till I receive the WP or atleast the confirmation of the WP approval.

By the way one more thing should I ask my employer for pre-approval of WP or  should I say I will directly applyin consulate here ?

I'm mostly worried about how my current company will react if I say I will not travel since WP is in process.

Thanks again Cebit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/14 10:41 AM as a reply to Ranadeep Dhar.
vortexigi08:
Thanks Cebit emoticon.

Suppose if I crack the interview ... should I immediately resign or I should wait till I receive the WP or atleast the confirmation of the WP approval.

you should immediately focus on the interview.. 

By the way one more thing should I ask my employer for pre-approval of WP or  should I say I will directly applyin consulate here ?

I'm mostly worried about how my current company will react if I say I will not travel since WP is in process.

Thanks again Cebit.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18