Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

changing student permit to blue card permit

Toggle
hello
i am a computer engineer , i have a bachelor and master degree in computer engineering , i entered german with a student visa to study master, but now i have a contract with german company for six months to work as a network engineer, with salary 40000 Euro per year, i need to start as soon as possible, i have been told by the foreigner office that, they need to get approval from ZAV first, then they can start the process of changing the permit, and they do not know the required time for that,my question is how long usually this process takes, my contract is only for six months, and i need to start immediately, is there any solution for that 

thanks
0 (0 Votes)

RE: changing student permit to blue card permit
Answer
7/10/14 1:51 PM as a reply to Badr.
thank you for the replay , but first i am not indian , i am syrian with syrian bachelor and master degree, unfortunately, and because of the situation in syria, the student visa is the only visa i can get, and i need now money, otherwise the only other solution is applying for asylum
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/10/14 10:17 PM as a reply to Badr.
  I am sorry..I didnt know your circumstance. Sometimes they check whether your Syrian degree is equivant to German degree. If it is not it takes nearly 4-6 months.

It could be that your Syrian degree is better than many European degrees. You can check http://anabin.kmk.org/

Speak to the foreigners office and apply for the new job. Good luck..

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/10/14 11:35 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
i have checked the site and found that both my bachelor and master degrees are considered H+ which mean they are considered as university degrees., is it mean, i do not need to go through the recognition process with ZAB, four to six months are really long time, my contract is just six months
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott