Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Workpermit-kinds/ Green card

Toggle
Workpermit-kinds/ Green card
Answer
3/14/05 2:07 PM
hi all,

I finished my MS in Germany . Last week I got a job in a software compy,contract succeeded.It is mentioned that the contract is valid only if I get "Arbeits und Aufenthalts erlaubnis".Is it normal condition.

The other main point I want to clear is that I heard of workpermit independent of the employer.How does one obtain that.

please clarify me.

regards,
Venkat
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Workpermit-kinds/ Green card
Answer
3/14/05 2:49 PM as a reply to Udaykanth Inguva.
It is very normal condition indeed, if you are not German or old EU State Citizen. All other nationalities need residence and work permit to work in Germany. Working without residence and/or work permit is in Germany serious offence against the law. So, without residence and work permit you should not start to work in your new company - not even for a day. To obtain work and residence permit is not easy, but it is possible. For you it would be probably a first step to get the confirmation that there is no person within EU which is willing and could do the job that you have got. This is so called "Arbeitsmarktprüfung". The procedure of obtaining residence and work permit is started at local municipality authorities, "Ausländeramt". The exact procedure and the chances of the success are highly dependable on each personal circumstances. To seek the help of the lawyer for such procedure, makes sense.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Workpermit-kinds/ Green card
Answer
3/24/05 3:35 PM as a reply to Udaykanth Inguva.
Hi Venkat,

Congtulations for getting a job in Germany.

I also finished my Masters in Medical technology on 31st january, I applied for work permit on 4th feb, actually I started my job on 1st feb itself(important thing is I have student status till end of feb), ausländer behörde people said they can only send my documents to arbeitsamt when I submit my masters degree certificates,I got my certificates on 25th feb and I submitted on 28th feb then they cancelled my student visa and gave me arbeit suche visa for 3 months and asked me not to work untill I get workpermit from arbeitsamt.

Arbeitsamt people called my company and enquired abt me and why they are interested to give me this job and my company people told them that they need my work(I did my praktkum and master theses in the same company for almost 11 months), like no other new person can handle their work.

Then they took 3 weeks for giving me workpermit.

Important thing is we should make regular follow ups.

Finally they gave me work permit and visa for one year(actually my contract is unlimited).

If you have any thing to discuss just drop me a message at vempati_germany@yahoo.com
or ring me on my mobile 01799437761.

I wish you all the best.

Regards,
Vempati.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18