Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Arbeitslosgeld II

Toggle
Arbeitslosgeld II
Answer
7/5/14 9:47 PM
Dear all,

I am getting arbeitslosgeld III from Dec 1, 2013 and when I got registered I got the information that I will receive the money based on arbeitslosgeld III and till Nov 2014. At that time my visa was till July 15th 2014.

Now suddenly, when I visited the arbeitsamt on July 1st, I was informed that my arbeitslosgeld will end on 15th July and if I need the money then I have to apply for arbeitslosgeld II at the Jobcenter. Since there was language problem, I was satisfied that atleast I get money and now when I calculate the probable amount which I will get is actually very much lesser than which I am getting till July 15th.

Now, I got my visa extended for 6 more months and I am worried with this less money it would be difficult for me to survive here. Can someone help me why this situation has arisen all of a sudden to me? Can I appeal the arbeitsamt against their decision to put me into arbeitslosgeld II as against III? 

Thank you all...
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Arbeitslosgeld II
Answer
7/6/14 2:23 PM as a reply to Prabhu Thirupathi.
prabhu:
Dear all,

I am getting arbeitslosgeld III from Dec 1, 2013 and when I got registered I got the information that I will receive the money based on arbeitslosgeld III and till Nov 2014. At that time my visa was till July 15th 2014.

Now suddenly, when I visited the arbeitsamt on July 1st, I was informed that my arbeitslosgeld will end on 15th July and if I need the money then I have to apply for arbeitslosgeld II at the Jobcenter. Since there was language problem, I was satisfied that atleast I get money and now when I calculate the probable amount which I will get is actually very much lesser than which I am getting till July 15th.
How long did u work before you started recieving the ALGI In december? If you have worked more than 24 months then youa re eligible for 12 months ALG which means until Nov 2014.

Language problem? It's not their fault. German is the amt sprache so you should bear with it fi youa re in germany.

Now, I got my visa extended for 6 more months and I am worried with this less money it would be difficult for me to survive here. Can someone help me why this situation has arisen all of a sudden to me? Can I appeal the arbeitsamt against their decision to put me into arbeitslosgeld II as against III? 

If you have worked for 24 months you can appeal against the Arbeitsamt. Seriously 7 months out fo job is alongtime. try to find a new job and get out of the mess of ALG.

Thank you all...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/6/14 3:34 PM as a reply to coolguy munich.
Hello,

Thank you for the info. I have worked for 3 years and 4 months in this job and paid my tax all these years before registering at the arbeitsamt.  I have the proof of the letter from the arbeitsamt stating that they will support me till Nov 2014. I wonder why they want to change my status now though I have followed their instructions towards applying new job, registering at their job portal, timely updates about my job searches and progress etc., I will apply for an appointment and plead them to reconsider their decision.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/14 12:05 PM as a reply to Prabhu Thirupathi.
Hi,

I just check an official table from the Agentur für Arbeit and realized that you are eligible for up to 18 month of umenployment benefits, because you worke more than 36 month within the last 5 years.

https://www.arbeitsagentur.de/web/content/DE/BuergerinnenUndBuerger/Arbeitslosigkeit/Arbeitslosengeld/DauerdesAnspruchs/index.htm

I
 recommend to take a lawyer in case they will not pay as much as they promised!

Please keep us updated!

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7