Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

ATM Fraud

ATM Fraud
Answer
9/29/07 6:53 PM
Hi all,

I am customer of Postbank, i did a transaction on Commerzbank ATM on 22nd september , before i left for my holidays.

During my holidays ,3000 euros were with drawn from my account.

Now i came to know from Postbank sources, that day commerzbank ATM was a fitted with a map reader to read card data and secret camera to identify users pin, that data was transffered to france. From French ATM they withdrew money.

Postbank, after knowing about the fraud closed my card , and issued me a new card.

I lodged a complaint to the police and Postbank(with police FIR) in my city.

News is published in one of biggest newspaper of this region too.

http://www.westfalenpost.de/wp/wp.hagen.volltext.php?kennung=on3wpLOKStaHagen39350&zulieferer=wp&kategorie=LOK&rubrik=Stadt&region=Hagen&auftritt=WP&dbserver=1

As i understood from postbank employee, fraud took place in Commerzbank ATM location, so Commerzbank will bear all the charges.

Postbank won't pay single penny for the fraud.

I assume , Commerzbank will wait for Police Investigation to complete , before they take action like refunding. It might takes months or years.

Could anybody advice what legal steps can be taken at sametime?

I don't have a lawyers insurance too.

Is their any remote possibility to recover the money?

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Atul
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7