Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Citizenship- New rule

Toggle
Citizenship- New rule
Answer
8/4/08 2:15 PM
Hi All,

Is Einbuergerung rule already in place ? what if i apply for citizenship during Aug 08. Will they ask me for Eibuergerung test in addition to ZD and orientrierungs ? Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Citizenship- New rule
Answer
8/4/08 2:22 PM as a reply to subir subir.
If you will have to get your citizenship *after* September, then you have to pass the test and as we are already in August, it means that everyone applying from now on will.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/08 6:30 PM as a reply to subir subir.
Even starting 31 March 2007, not after September.
Please see the link below.

http://www.einbuergerung.de/Einbuergerungsflyer08.pdf

Sie haben Kenntnisse der deutschen Rechts- und Gesellschaftsordnung und Lebensverhältnisse.
Diese Voraussetzung gilt erst ab dem 1. September 2008. Sie wird aber bereits auf alle Einbürgerungsanträge
angewandt, die ab dem 31. März 2007 gestellt worden sind und bei denen das Einbürgerungsverfahren
am 1. September 2008 noch nicht abgeschlossen ist.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/08 6:40 PM as a reply to subir subir.
That's because the average time of processing is 6 months (so they said, but I've never seen someone waiting 6 months) so in this case, if you submitted it on March 31st, you land sometimes in September.

And if you read me write, I didn't wrote "if you submit your papers from September" but "If you will have to get your citizenship *after* September", which means you will have already submitted your papers.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/08 6:46 PM as a reply to subir subir.
March 2007 - September 2008, this is more than 6 months, there is no word of march 2008.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/08 7:45 PM as a reply to subir subir.
@all,

the attached document states that anyone applied after march 2007 and still in process and if not completed(gets citizenship) before sept 2008 will have to pass this einbuergerung test.

For example1:
- applied on 28.02.07.
-dont need test irrespective of processing time.

example2:
-applied on 28.04.07.
- still under process
- if process finishes before 01.09.08. Then dont need this test.
- But if process/waiting gets into sept08. Then he/she needs test.

exmaple3:
-applying on or after 01.09.08.
- Test is must.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/08 8:03 PM as a reply to subir subir.
Sorry, my bad, read March 2008, need to go get some sleep...

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/08 8:14 PM as a reply to subir subir.
Honestly ....before september or after september.... this will be the easiest test of my whole life. Even my primary school exams were more difficult.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/6/08 2:39 PM as a reply to subir subir.
Hello everybody,

I have a question regarding this new Einbuergerungstest:

I try to take this new test as soon as possible (preferably right after 1st.Sep) in order to finish my application process soon;

however, after checking with several local schools (VHS etc.), I got such answer: they don't know the procedures yet and they will not hold first Einbuergerungstest before mid-November; that's very late for me.

so I want to know: does anybody have some better info regarding availability of this test? I live near Duesseldorf but I can go farther if there is early test available in other town.

Thanks in advance for your reply!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/6/08 4:20 PM as a reply to subir subir.
@pathos06

this is very common problem here in germany.

New rules keep on floating w/o knowledge at the amt. They put hundred of requirements and are not able to guide how and where to apply.

When you go to amt to ask about procedure and documents, the first requirement is to get einbuergerung test passed. BUT they themselves dont know where to apply for this test. Crazy system when it comes to officials and their rules.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/6/08 6:21 PM as a reply to subir subir.
When I went to check what I have to do (Karlsruhe, I have B1) they told me that I can start process and then later go on exam.

On 25th of August I should submit my application and in middle of October I will be 8 years in Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott