Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Kirchensteuer

Toggle
Kirchensteuer
Answer
10/25/06 7:10 PM
How can I stop paying my kirchensteuer?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Kirchensteuer
Answer
10/25/06 8:45 PM as a reply to mansh s.
Renounce your faith and leave the church but if I remember a case I read a couple of years ago, the person who renounced her faith had to have a paper from the priest of her church or something.
So it might be tricky.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/06 11:32 PM as a reply to mansh s.
Try the thread below

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2805

maybe u will find tip in getting out of it
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/27/06 1:51 PM as a reply to mansh s.
Hi both,
Thank you for the informations, seems to be complicated task, Anyway have a try.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/29/06 12:11 AM as a reply to mansh s.
Hi man999,
Let's look at it logically. You have chosen a religion and you have the right to opt out of that religion. Therefore, it is easy for you to get out of the Kirchensteuer as well. All you have to do is go to Gerichtsamt in your area and tell them you would prefer Kirche-Austritt. You will be required to pay 25€ (I think) and then be directed to the authority who handles your application (based on your surname). You will be asked to fill up a form and then they will give you a Bescheid immediately. This will state that you have opted out of the Kirche as on that particular date. Please take this Bescheid to your Rathaus and have them change it in your Tax Card (Steuerkarte). So simple as that.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott