Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family Reunion Visa with Court/Civil Marriage Verification

Toggle
Family Reunion Visa with Court/Civil Marriage Verification
marriage verfication family reunion visa
Answer
6/29/14 12:10 AM
Can anyone share their experience of going through "Marriage Verification" for their family reunion visa especially after getting a civil/court marriage done instead of a traditional wedding.

In our case,
Got Court marriage done on : 12th December 2013 in Hyderabad. 
Both me and my wife are from Hyderabad.
I work in Konstanz. 
I hold a Blue Card.
Applied for the Visa application on 13th March 2014 in Chennai. 
On 12 weeks dot, after writing them several emails, they asked for initiating marriage verification (not sure what took them 12 weeks to request this).
Almost 4 weeks up now and no word on it (Total : 16 weeks and counting).

I've heard from a lot of people on various forums that for marriage verification, they visit the house, may sometimes ask for wedding related bills and confirm our marriage through our neighbors.

We are concerned since our neighbors may not be aware of our court marriage and we may not be able to produce any wedding related expenses or proof.

However, we did submit the pictures of our oath taking ceremony that includes some group photographs, us signing the register and exchanging garland in front of the judge at the registrar's office.

Has anyone walked this path before on this forum?
Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Family Reunion Visa with Court/Civil Marriage Verification
Answer
6/29/14 8:39 PM as a reply to Advait Thakur.
adi:
Can anyone share their experience of going through "Marriage Verification" for their family reunion visa especially after getting a civil/court marriage done instead of a traditional wedding.

In our case,
Got Court marriage done on : 12th December 2013 in Hyderabad. 
Both me and my wife are from Hyderabad.
I work in Konstanz. 
I hold a Blue Card.
Applied for the Visa application on 13th March 2014 in Chennai. 
On 12 weeks dot, after writing them several emails, they asked for initiating marriage verification (not sure what took them 12 weeks to request this).
Almost 4 weeks up now and no word on it (Total : 16 weeks and counting).

I've heard from a lot of people on various forums that for marriage verification, they visit the house, may sometimes ask for wedding related bills and confirm our marriage through our neighbors.

We are concerned since our neighbors may not be aware of our court marriage and we may not be able to produce any wedding related expenses or proof.

Does not matter.. only thing they can do is verify at the registrar's office whether the marriage is registered. You have to patient. These things can take time. Good luck

However, we did submit the pictures of our oath taking ceremony that includes some group photographs, us signing the register and exchanging garland in front of the judge at the registrar's office.

Has anyone walked this path before on this forum?
Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3