Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Einbürgerung - my story

Toggle
Einbürgerung - my story
Answer
6/26/14 10:26 AM
applied in 6 years, 1 month

about myself in brief: indian, male, 29 yrs, single
came to germany: apr 2008
student masters in comm. & inf. tech., uni bremen: apr 2008 - sep 2011
student job as software tester: may 2008 - aug 2011
job as software engineer: jan 2012 - till date
type of job contract: ungekündigt, unbefristet
2nd masters (medizintechnik) uni erlangen as part-time: since oct 2013

german language certificate: DSH2 (81% schriftlich, 79% mündlich)
ehrenamtliche tätigkeit (mathenachhilfe to refugee boys): since may 2013
integrationszertifikat: 100% in deutsch test and orientierungs test

blue card: aug 2012 - sep 2013
niederlassungserlaubnis: oct 2013 - jun 2014

einbürgerung applied at ausländeramt, nürnberg, bayern on: 2nd may 2014
received letter from regierung mittelfranken to collect EINBÜRGERUNGSURKUNDE at stadtamt nürnberg: 6th june 2014

next steps:
applying for german passport and personalausweis (takes usually 3 weeks in nürnberg)
applying for oci at indian consulate (only for indian ex-citizens) (takes usually 5-8 weeks at cgi munich)
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Einbürgerung - my story
Answer
6/26/14 9:39 AM as a reply to sanjeev kambadur.
Hi Sanjeev,

Congrats. You are lucky to apply for naturalization in 6 years, generally the requirement is 8 years of stay and in some special cases it is 7 years. Is there a new law in place that says you can apply for citizenship in less than 8 or 7 years?

Thnx
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/26/14 10:09 AM as a reply to M S.
Hi,

Thank you. Yes! According to Naturalisation Act Section 10 point 3, it is possible to apply with 6 years of residence in Germany.

Please check the link: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/rustag/__10.html

"Upon confirming successful attendance of an integration course by presenting a certificate issued by the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BMAF), the qualifying period stipulated in sub-section 1 shall be reduced to seven years. This qualifying period may be reduced to six years if the foreigner has made outstanding efforts at integration exceeding the requirements under sub-section 1, sentence 1, no. 6, especially if he or she can demonstrate his or her command of the German language"

for 6 years you need - high german language skills (usually C1) and/or special integration measures like voluntary service at any non-profil organisation for long duration. This "special integration measures" are defined by the state government and can vary from state to state. so it is better to ask your state government. in bayern the speacial integration measures are: C1 german language level AND minimum of 1 year voluntary service.

In Google search for example "besondere integrationsleistungen", "Einbürgerung mit 6 jahre aufenthalt" will give you lot of further information.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/26/14 11:00 AM as a reply to sanjeev kambadur.
Hi Sanjeev,

ich gratuliere herzlich! Congrats and thank you for sharing the useful information!!

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/26/14 11:46 AM as a reply to sanjeev kambadur.
Congrats.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/26/14 4:22 PM as a reply to sanjeev kambadur.
Thanks Sanjeev for the detailed information. Congrats again.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott