Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

VISA type for attending a job interview

Toggle
VISA type for attending a job interview
visa interview job interview travel
Answer
6/23/14 10:23 PM
Hello,

I have got an invitation for the job interview after having a telephonic & skype interview. In the invitation letter it is mentioned that they are inviting me for one day and they will bear all travel,accomodation related costs.

Now my queries are as follows :

1) What type of Visa I should apply for i.e. Business Visa or Visit Visa ?

2) If Business Visa I don't have company letterhead or company tax return document since this travel is for my personal job interview, not from my current employer.

3) If it is a Visit Visa, is it mandatory to provide "Verpflichtungserklärung" since inyterviewer is going to sponsor all my expenses. Or mentioning in the iniviation letter is enough that they are going to sponsor my expenditures.

Request you to please advise me ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Ranadeep
0 (0 Votes)

RE: VISA type for attending a job interview
Answer
6/24/14 8:35 AM as a reply to Ranadeep Dhar.
Hallo Randeep,

I went through the same situation in last year Nov. 2013 and I got VISA as Business type, and now settle in Germany with Blue Card.
It was really confusing which VISA type should apply.

In my case I applied for Business VISA with following documents.
1. Invitation letter from German Company (mentioning purpose of visit and all expenses will bear by German company)
2. Hotel reservation.
3. Self covering letter
4. Travel plan and agenda of meeting provided by German company (May not be necessary)
5. And all other documents mentioned on Business VISA checklist.

In your case no need to submit any documents of your current employer, in my case they ask for leave letter, but my visit was plan in Diwali holidays so explain them the situation during interview.

If you have further question, you can email on patilkishor_1981@yahoo.com

Regards,

Kishor.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/24/14 9:53 AM as a reply to Ranadeep Dhar.
ranadeep:
Hello,

I have got an invitation for the job interview after having a telephonic & skype interview. In the invitation letter it is mentioned that they are inviting me for one day and they will bear all travel,accomodation related costs.

Now my queries are as follows :

1) What type of Visa I should apply for i.e. Business Visa or Visit Visa ?

You dont have to apply in either category. Just mention in the cover letter that you need a visa to attend an interview in Germany.

2) If Business Visa I don't have company letterhead or company tax return document since this travel is for my personal job interview, not from my current employer.

You just need a invitation letter on their letterhead and nothing else. No other document is required from the inviting company.

3) If it is a Visit Visa, is it mandatory to provide "Verpflichtungserklärung" since inyterviewer is going to sponsor all my expenses. Or mentioning in the iniviation letter is enough that they are going to sponsor my expenditures.

No   "Verpflichtungserklärung" .You will have to show hotel reservation, flight ticket, bank statements or any property you own (first time traveller outside India) is good enough. Invitation letter is important.

You have to mention in the cover letter that you are unable to obtainb a leave sanction letter from your present employer since it is for an interview. They do oblige.

Good luck!!

Request you to please advise me ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Ranadeep
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/14 1:31 PM as a reply to Ranadeep Dhar.
Thanks a ton all you guys. I have applied with docs mentioned by you guys and submitted on 1.07.14 was processed by 03.07.14 and received today from VFS.

I'm again reiterating the doc,

1) Application letter
2) Personal Covering Letter
3) Invitation Letter (Copy)
4) Flight and accomodation details
5) Travel health insurance
6) Payslip for last 3 months
7) Personal Bank Statement for last 3 months
8) Leave letter (option I guess .... VFS guys didn't asked for this)
9) My old Visa & resident permit copy.

Thanks again. Cheers!

BR,
Ranadeep
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/10/16 4:05 PM as a reply to Ranadeep Dhar.
Hi Ranadeep,
I am in same situation. I wanted to check if you got the visa and which category of visa you applied for?
Regards,
Harjeet
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/5/16 4:32 PM as a reply to Ranadeep Dhar.
Ranadeep Dhar:
Thanks a ton all you guys. I have applied with docs mentioned by you guys and submitted on 1.07.14 was processed by 03.07.14 and received today from VFS.

I'm again reiterating the doc,

1) Application letter
2) Personal Covering Letter
3) Invitation Letter (Copy)
4) Flight and accomodation details
5) Travel health insurance
6) Payslip for last 3 months
7) Personal Bank Statement for last 3 months
8) Leave letter (option I guess .... VFS guys didn't asked for this)
9) My old Visa & resident permit copy.

Thanks again. Cheers!

BR,
Ranadeep
Hello Ranadeep,

I am going through the same process now. Have been invited by a German company for in-person interview. This thread helped me a lot!

Can you tell me finally which type of visa you applied (or received)? I'm sorry if I missed this info somewhere. Also, can you please share the format of Personal Covering Letter - I don't have no clue on this. Thanks in advance. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/6/16 1:20 AM as a reply to Suman Kanrar.
I had a personal interview with a company in Berlin 2 months ago. You should apply for Business visa, and company should send an invitation letter stating clearly that company would pay flight and accommodation costs.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/16 2:10 PM as a reply to Mohamed Salem.
Hello Mohamed Salem,

I am looking for job in germany, can you please let me know how to apply from india. any website or Consultancies.
i have 7yrs IT automotive exp and A1 german language. 

[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]

0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18