Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

permanent residence

Toggle
permanent residence
Answer
6/23/14 9:46 PM
Hi,

I have been working in Germany more than 5 years and my
salary is according to TVL13. I tried to apply for the permanent
residence and the city hall asked me B1German test. I took the test but I
got A2. Somebody told me that there is a new rule according to 18b
paragraph and this rule makes it easier to get the permanent residence. I
went again to the city hall and they told me that although this
paragraph does not explicitly require B1 test, but it refers to
paragraph 9 and in this paragraph having B1 is required! Therefore it
seems that I have no choice but trying to get B1 German test.  Is that
right?
By the way, last week I got my blue card. Does it help me to get the permanent residence now? (not after 33 month)

Thanks,
Arman
0 (0 Votes)

RE: permanent residence
Answer
6/28/14 11:09 AM as a reply to arman danesh.
Hi,

I guess you just had bad luck with your case worker. It is written that with a Blue Card you can get permanent residence after 21 month if you have  B1, which could be interpreted that you should get it after 33 month without B1:

Holders of an EU Blue Card shall be awarded a permanent settlement permit if:
  • they have been in highly qualified employment for 33 months,
  • they can provide evidence of having paid compulsory contributions or other proof of expenses creating entitlement to insurance benefits that are comparable to those provided under the statutory pension insurance scheme, and
  • the other generally applicable conditions for the granting of a settlement permit are met. 
  • Provided that the individuals concerned can demonstrate having adequate language skills (level B1), the settlement permit shall be granted after a period of 21 months.
Für die Inhaber der Blauen Karte EU in Deutschland besteht die Möglichkeit auf Erteilung eines unbefristeten nationalen Aufenthaltstitels (Niederlassungserlaubnis). Dafür muss neben den allgemeinen Voraussetzungen 33 Monate eine hochqualifizierte Beschäftigung ausgeübt und für diesen Zeitraum Beitragszahlung in eine Altersversorgung geleistet worden sein. Es gelten die weiteren Bedingungen des § 9 Abs. 2 Nr. 2 und 4-6,8 und 9 AufenthG. Im Falle derNr. 8 wird bei Blaue Karte EU-Inhabern, die über einen Hochschulabschluss verfügen, von einem geringen Integrationsbedarf ausgegangen. Daher ist hier kein Nachweis eines abgeschlossenen Orientierungskurses notwendig. Falls der Inhaber der Blauen Karte EU ausreichende Deutschkenntnisse (Niveau B1) nachweist, kann er bereits nach 21 Monaten eine Niederlassungserlaubnis für Deutschland beantragen.

Maybe you should print this and go there again.

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

RE: permanent residence
Answer
6/28/14 4:38 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hi,

There are two issues with my blue card:
1) I got it last week. Is the past five years of my working also counted?
2) My contract will end in 1 month. Does it casue any problem?

Thanks,
Arman
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3