Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Driving License Queries

Toggle
Driving License Queries
Answer
6/6/12 4:38 PM
Hi ,

I came to Germany 2 years back for work. I went to India for my vacation and got my car driving license. Am i eligible to convert this Indian driving license to German one(as temporary) and so that i can skip the theory classes and directly go for only Practical classes to get a German driving license ? My friends have done this but in their case, their Indian driving license is taken before they entered Germany.

If you guys have some info regarding this, please share.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Driving License Queries
Answer
6/6/12 4:49 PM as a reply to Ram S.
Licenses issued from India before you enter Germany or make your temporary residence here are allowed for exchange within 2 years or 3 years. In your case you came to Germany 2 yrs back and went in between for vacation and got the IDL. So I doubt.
As far as I know no one can skip the theory *EXAM* but can skip the theory classes. Practical exam and theory exam are mandatory.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/7/12 12:35 AM as a reply to Ram S.
little search sometimes help ...

http://www.india.diplo.de/Vertretung/indien/en/06__Consu__Visa/Consular__Services__India/Driving__License.html
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/15/12 1:30 AM as a reply to Ram S.
thanks for your quick reply...
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124