Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Changing employers in Germany - NO Blue card

Toggle
Hello all,

Hope everyone is in good spirits!!

I have been working in Frankfurt for a German consulting firm since January 2012. Since I got my work permit in Jan 2012, when there was still no Blue card, I have the older version of the work permit which is linked to my current employer. The validity of the work permit is from Jan 2012 till Jan 2015.

This is what it says on the Zusatzblatt:

"Beschäftigung als xxxxxxx bei Firma xxxxxx UG(haftungsbeschränkt),xxxxxx in xxxxx Frankfurt am Main gestattet. Regionale Beschränkung:im Bundesgebiet (Par. 27 Nr. 1 BeschV.)"

For the last 2.5 years, I have paid all the taxes/health insurance/Rentenversicherung etc  like every other employee of every other German firm. Current salary ~ 56K / year.

Recently I received another job offer in the same field, albeit a better role and higher pay and hence I would like to accept this.

My questions:
1. Does the new employer need to go through any process with the ABH or the Arbeitsamt in order to hire me?
2. Do I need to apply for an entirely new work permit from India / Germany or can this current work permit be updated with the new employer?
3. What other documents do I need ,apart from my passport/new job contract/residence permit to go to ABH for this?
4. What happens if there is  gap of a few days between my last day at my current job, and the first day at my new job? I technically will be unemployed for that period. Do I become illegal?

Additional Information: I am from India, and hold a Bachelors in Engg and an MBA.

I have tried getting these questions answered from ZAV, who directed me to ABH who, never bothered to respond to my repeated emails and phone calls. I couldnt find a similar thread here either, but then I might have overlooked too.
Kindly advise me on these queries or direct me to a more relevant thread/forum/agency.

Thank you very much for your patience and your answers!! emoticon
Best Regards
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Changing employers in Germany - NO Blue card
Answer
6/18/14 11:52 AM as a reply to Rohit.
kramer:
Hello all,

Hope everyone is in good spirits!!

I have been working in Frankfurt for a German consulting firm since January 2012. Since I got my work permit in Jan 2012, when there was still no Blue card, I have the older version of the work permit which is linked to my current employer. The validity of the work permit is from Jan 2012 till Jan 2015.

This is what it says on the Zusatzblatt:

"Beschäftigung als xxxxxxx bei Firma xxxxxx UG(haftungsbeschränkt),xxxxxx in xxxxx Frankfurt am Main gestattet. Regionale Beschränkung:im Bundesgebiet (Par. 27 Nr. 1 BeschV.)"

For the last 2.5 years, I have paid all the taxes/health insurance/Rentenversicherung etc  like every other employee of every other German firm. Current salary ~ 56K / year.

Recently I received another job offer in the same field, albeit a better role and higher pay and hence I would like to accept this.

Congrats!!

My questions:
1. Does the new employer need to go through any process with the ABH or the Arbeitsamt in order to hire me?
with your new contract go to ABH. The ABH may or may not contact ZAV, since your salary is above range for blue card. It may take 1 or 2 weeks atmost.
2. Do I need to apply for an entirely new work permit from India / Germany or can this current work permit be updated with the new employer?
You can stay in Germany and apply. No work permit needed.. direct blue card.

3. What other documents do I need ,apart from my passport/new job contract/residence permit to go to ABH for this?
last 3 salary slips maybe.
4. What happens if there is  gap of a few days between my last day at my current job, and the first day at my new job? I technically will be unemployed for that period. Do I become illegal?
no. assuming you have informed ABH about your change in circumstance.

Additional Information: I am from India, and hold a Bachelors in Engg and an MBA.

do you have German degree? if you have non German degree then wait till ABH approval.

Good luck

I have tried getting these questions answered from ZAV, who directed me to ABH who, never bothered to respond to my repeated emails and phone calls. I couldnt find a similar thread here either, but then I might have overlooked too.
Kindly advise me on these queries or direct me to a more relevant thread/forum/agency.

Thank you very much for your patience and your answers!! emoticon
Best Regards
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
6/20/14 10:15 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hi ... Thanks for your answer.. As soon as things are finalized.. I ll post an update here.
Thanks again emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/1/14 12:48 PM as a reply to Rohit.
Hi Kramer,

Did it work out for you ? I am also kind of in a similar situation, Do reply here emoticon

Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18