Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family Reunion Visa - MC having 1 letter wrong in my Surname

Toggle
Hi Fellow Forumers and Experts,

This is quite a great forum, where I can find answers for most of the questions, which helps/helped me in most of the phases. However, Now I have a quite critical situation, for which I need your help:

Current Status: I am currently in Germany (about 25 days now) and my Blue Card process is going on. I will have to apply for Family Reunion Visa for my Wife and Son, once I have my Blue card in hand.

Problematic area: To apply for Family reunion visa for my spouse, the MC has to be submitted. However, very recently I found that 1 letter in My Surname is misspelled in the MC.
Actually, 'Shunmugaraj' has been spelled wrongly as 'Shanmugaraj' in the MC.

Help Needed: In this case, can anybody help me out, if this will present an issue while processing the application?

Similar situation  with Australian Visa was easily resolved, since it had one more field for the Surname, which can be used.

However, I understand that this is a very sensitive issue w.r.t German embassies and would like to know the possibilities of solution here.

Thanks in Advance,
Uday
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Family Reunion Visa - MC having 1 letter wrong in my Surname
Answer
6/15/14 10:19 PM as a reply to U S.
If the caseworker notices it is misspelt it can pose problem. Try to get it rectified and apply.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Family Reunion Visa - MC having 1 letter wrong in my Surname
Answer
6/16/14 9:02 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Better to get it corrected as it will help you in the long run. 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott