Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family Reunion VISA From Bangalore Consulate

Toggle
Family Reunion VISA From Bangalore Consulate
family re-union visa dependent visa bangalore bangalore consulate travelling along with wife travelling along with husband apply visa together work and dependent visa auto work visa dependent and work visa
Answer
6/13/14 5:53 PM
VISA Type: German National VISA, Dependent
Applied on : 8-May-2014
Stamped on : 12-June-2014

Dear All,
             I applied for a Family Reunion VISA at the German Consulate, Bangalore on 8th of May 2014  as a dependent along with my wife who applied for a Wok VISA (She has a job offer from Germany).
She received the VISA in just 2 days.(She is a B1 and has travelled to Germany thrice before on deputation - I don't know if that played a part in quick approval).
We submitted all the documents as per the checklist,
http://www.india.diplo.de/Vertretung/indien/en/06__Consu__Visa/visa__new/NATIONAL/NATIONAL.html

I did not do much of follow up. I sent a mail once after 20 days to enquire the status - I did not get any reply. The VFS helpline was also not of much help as they said they do not have any information on long term VISA applciants - But, they can still tell you whether the VISA processing is still pending or done by entering your receipt number. Finally, I received a mail from the Bangalore Consulate after one month of my applciation on 10th June 2014 saying the decision on my VISA has been taken. I went to the consulate and got it stamped.

Notable points,
-Its been 2 years since we are married
-I have already travelled twice on Schengen VISA to visit my wife during her deputation
-There was no fees collected for verification of our marriage
-The original Marriage Certificate was returned to me after stamping of VISA
-I have an A1 certificate from Goethe Institute in German Language
-There is a clause on VISA, "Erwerbstätigkeit Gestattet Aufenthaltsanzeige Nach Einreise" which means - Employment allowed after entry
Auto Work VISA along with the dependent VISA is granted.
No need to amend it to work VISA later.

Thank You.

Best Regards,
Shiv
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Family Reunion VISA From Bangalore Consulate
Answer
11/14/14 2:52 AM as a reply to Shivaraj Katti.
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Can you please tell me to which email  did you send your family reunion related visa status query?

I have also applied for family reunion visa from German consulate and it has been more than 20 days now. They are saying that my documents are in germany. That's about it.

Any clue on how long it will take further?

Thanks & Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/16/14 7:50 PM as a reply to Sarbani Ch.
Heii, 

I just asked the information by quoting my application no. in the following query page. 
https://india.diplo.de/Vertretung/indien/en/02__Bangalore/Contact__Consulate__Bangalore.html
No need to follow up for 4 weeks atleast.

There are 2 cases here ,
1. If you were already working in Germany and have a bluecard before marriage. And you are now applying for a VISA for your spouse. If this is the case then generally it takes more time. Around 8 weeks. Since, they have to verify your anmeldung details in your local Rathaus , marriage verification if you are newly wed (They might ask your spouse to deposit some money for this) . They might call you to Rathaus/Auslandersamt to submit your documents like payslips n all. This usually takes time.

2. If you have got Work VISA after marriage and have applied for Spouse reunion VISA. Then I have seen that, this is relatively easier and happens quickly. It will be done in 4 weeks max. 

Can you tell me your current situation?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/17 3:55 PM as a reply to Shivaraj Katti.
Hi,
I know its been 3 years, but if you are still active, could you please help in the following:

I am in the same situation. I have got a job offer and would like to apply for both work visa and family reunion visa for my husband and son at the same time.

1. My husband is a post graduate and he has started with German classes but will not have a A1 certificate by the visa interview date. Is this Ok?

2. We will have the marriage certificate translated to German. Anything else is required?

3. As we r still searching for apartment, what can be done for accommodation details in the visa interview?

4. Do i need any translation to be done for child visa process?

Kindly help.

Regards,
Sindhu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/17 4:18 PM as a reply to Sindhu S.
Hi Sindhu ,

Pls find my reply below.
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]1. My husband is a post graduate and he has started with German classes but will not have a A1 certificate by the visa interview date. Is this Ok?
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]I think it is fine. Completing A1 is only an added bonus. Once he will reach Germany he can continue with A2 or Integration Course. He needs to give another test(mandatory regardless of whether ur have A1 certificate or not) here with the institutes to prove the level. Its only a small MQP test for 30mins.
His VISA will arrive a little later than yours(around a month). Please make sure to check on the VISA for "erwerbstatigkeit gestattet" which means that he has a permission to do a job on arrival. If it is "erwerbstatigkeit nicht gestattet" then it means he cannot start working until he gets a permission. 
But, normally for post graduates it is not that difficult to get a permission unless he is practising some other profession which needs to communicate in German Language (like doctors)

[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]2. We will have the marriage certificate translated to German. Anything else is required?
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]For VISA this is enough.
But its good if you can translate your Drivers License also. It is handy when you apply for a German drivers license.

[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]3. As we r still searching for apartment, what can be done for accommodation details in the visa interview?
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]Is your employer not providing you a temporary accommodation? In most of the cases the employer provides an apartment or hotel for a month.
You will anyways receive the VISA only for 3 months initially and you need to get it updated here in Germany to a Blucard if applicable.

[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]4. Do i need any translation to be done for child visa process?
I am not sure about this. But, If your child is already going to school then I would suggest to take a translated copy of School Leaving Certificate and the current level upto which he/she has finished the education.

Hope it was helpful.
Please drop a message if you still have any queries.

All the best.

Thank You.
Shivaraj Katti
Best Regards,

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/21/17 12:17 PM as a reply to Shivaraj Katti.
Hi Shiva and Others

Thank you for your replies, they are very helpful. From all the conversations I understand that if I am a dependent, I can still work by obtaining permission from German authorities. Also, my understanding is that I will not get a new work visa but I will be allowed to work as a dependant with validity tied to my spuse's work visa.

Q1) My wife will have a work visa for 1 year only. When we go to Germany (me as a dependent), if I am able to land a job, is it possible for me to get a work visa whose expiry is independent of my wife's work visa?

Q2) If answer to question 1 is no, then assuming I land a job in Germany, do i have to fly back to India, get my own work visa stamped and then come back again?

Request your support in clarifying these queries.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/21/17 3:52 PM as a reply to Karan Bir Singh Dhingra.
Karan Bir Singh Dhingra:
Hi Shiva and Others

Thank you for your replies, they are very helpful. From all the conversations I understand that if I am a dependent, I can still work by obtaining permission from German authorities. Also, my understanding is that I will not get a new work visa but I will be allowed to work as a dependant with validity tied to my spuse's work visa.
No. Assuming that you get a dependent VISA with work permission initially in India and If you manage to get a job here then you will get a seperate visa in Germany depending on the duration of your job contract. This is more of a Residence Permit to stay until your jobs duration. If your job duration is unlimited then you will inititally get a Residence Permit for maximum 4 years(Blue Card) or until your Passport is valid whichever is earlier. This will be independent of your wife's job duration. She can later get her VISA exchanged to Dependent VISA with work permit in Germany only.
In a nutshell - You both will come here with a limited time Residence Permit 
+ Work VISA for your wife and Dependent Visa for you(This may have a permission (erwerbstatigkeit )to work or not to work as explained earlier). Please visit the Rathaus(for city registration) and the Auslaenderbehoerde(for residence permit card) in the 1st week of your stay in Germany for more detailed answers.
Please get back to me or drop a message in the forum once you have been issued a VISA and I can explain the steps further.

Q1) My wife will have a work visa for 1 year only. When we go to Germany (me as a dependent), if I am able to land a job, is it possible for me to get a work visa whose expiry is independent of my wife's work visa?
Yes. As expalined above you will get your own work visa. You need to submit a copy of your contract at the Auslaenderbehoerde or Foreigners Office and apply for your own Residence Permit.

Q2) If answer to question 1 is no, then assuming I land a job in Germany, do i have to fly back to India, get my own work visa stamped and then come back again?
No need. In any case you can apply for Residence Permits in Germany itself.
Request your support in clarifying these queries.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/22/18 10:51 AM as a reply to Shivaraj Katti.
Hi Shivaraj,
I have same case as yours.Wife got job offer and me and our kid, all have applied for National VISA.
She got Pre Arrovel from union and they sent the letter.
Hope we all get VISA soon.

As you mention, family reunion VISA takes little more time, will they keep my passport also with them till that point. Our VISA appointment is on 1st March and i need to travel on 1st of April to other place which requries my Passport.

Please Let me know.

Regards,
Kumaraswamy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/18 6:55 PM as a reply to Sindhu S.
Hi Sindhu, 
My case is also very similar to yours. 
Can you please let me know how you managed to write an address in Germany? Did you find an apartment before your Visa interview? 
Your answer will be of great help to me. 
Thank you. 
Regards,
Sandhya
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/29/18 8:55 AM as a reply to sandhya sukumar.
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]Hello everyone,,can anyone suggest me,,i hv similar problem.I am from punjab and applied from delhi on 11.4.18.i hv submitted my all documents and enquiry fees too.My husband is eu passport holder from cyprus but now in germany from 4 years.there was exemption from embessy fees.now seven weeks passed but there is no enquiry.my other known got verification within week.I am in stress..can anyone suggest what is going on in my case
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/11/18 12:05 PM as a reply to Shivaraj Katti.
Hi,
I am from bangalore. I am applying for spouse re-union visa at german consulate bangalore.
Is A1 german language certificate mandatory? I have B.Tech degree certificate and working in bangalore currently.
My husband has got job near Frankfort and his visa interview is done.

Thanks in advance
Bhuvana 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3