Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work Permit and Family Reunion from Lebanon

Toggle
I would like first to thank you for this wonderful forum where I found information more than I did anywhere else.

Appreciate your assistance in the below since it is really getting frustrating as I am not able to get any concrete answers.

I have received an job offer with an unlimited work contract from a German company. The work contract is unlimited but there is a 6 month probation period. It is in the IT sector (IT Consultant) and with a salary more than 45,000 EURO. I have Bachelor of Engineering in Computer and Communication which is qualified in Germany as well as more than 7 years of experience.

Theroitcally, I am eligible for an EU Blue Card without prior approval. Since I am married, my spouse is also eligible to have a residence permit. I was checking with the German Embassy in Beirut how to proceed and after having a tough time to get a reply. They told me that I should apply for an ordinary  Work Visa and my spouse can't go with me as I should apply for a family reunion later.

I have read the posts and I've seen many from India specifically are applying for a work visa and family reunion at the same time. I would like to know if this is possible knowing that there is nothing as such in the embassy website at Beirut.

I also checked with "Federal Foreign Office - auswaertiges-amt.de" but they refered me to http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/EN/Infoservice/FAQ/ArbeitenLebenDeutschland/02a-What%20is%20the%20Blue%20Card.html?nn=479790 which clearly states "Third-country nationals who are eligible for the EU Blue Card and require a visa to enter Germany will be issued a national visa for the purpose of taking up gainful employment. Once in Germany, their local foreigner’s office will issue them the EU Clue Card.".

Appreciate if someone can guide me about the process and how can I apply along with my husand and the needed papers knowing that he has a BS in Computer and Communication and more than 7 years of experience in IT as well.

Thanks,
Zee
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Work Permit and Family Reunion from Lebanon
Answer
6/12/14 3:03 PM as a reply to Zeina Taha.
It is possible to apply together. Lots of Indians have done it before. Spouse visa is fastest when you apply together.

The German embassy is just forwarding your application to the foreigner's office (ABH) located in the city where you got the job. The ABH is will decide on yours and your spouse application. They only check the attaching documents whether they are proper or not.

Ask your spouse to fill up the same application as you do and your job contract, education details with his applicaiton.

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18