Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

embassy asked for Degree evaluation certificate issued by ZAB

Toggle
Hi All,

I have my application submitted at german ebmassy in karachi, pakistan for Blue Card 2 weeks back. 
I've got a call from german embassy today to get a letter that said that I need to evaluate my degree from Cenral office for forign education (ZAB ) and submit the evaluation ceritificate. I checked that my institute is in the list of their online database http://anabin.kmk.org/anabin-datenbank.html so why are they asking for degree evaluation? I read that degree evaluation can take 3 months.. Does anyone has an experience with that? Do I need to do this myself or get my employer do that? Is there a premium processing solution that reduce the time it takes to evaluate degrees?

Any information will be highly appriciated. 

Thanks
Mani
0 (0 Votes)

RE: embassy asked for Degree evaluation certificate issued by ZAB
Answer
5/26/14 2:40 PM as a reply to Mani Bro.
Hi Mani,

I guess your income is less than 47.600,- € per year. Then the ZAV comes into the game.

You should ask your prospective employer to contact the ZAV and ask for a so called 'Vorabprüfung' (precheck).

The 'Arbeitgeberservice' (employer service) of the ZAV should help to get this document within 1 week, it depends on the communication skills of the involved HR manager.

The ZAV can fax/mail the result to the foreigner office and they should fax it to the Embassy in Pakistan.

Helpful links:
ZAV

B
lue Card

G
ood luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/14 3:58 PM as a reply to trust7.
Thanks a lot trust7. But the salary offered is 48,000 Euro / year which made me eligible for blue card since it is over 47,600 Euro right? Should I still follow the procedure you mentioned above?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/14 4:32 PM as a reply to Mani Bro.
Well, this seems to be bad luck, that the case worker at the Embassy do not like you or that he is just 'not good informed'!

Did you send a mail to zabservice@kmk.org and ask how long it takes?

I recommend to contact your new employer and ask for his support!

You can pass my contact details to him, in case the employer do not handle work permits often, maybe I can help.

By

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/14 4:50 PM as a reply to trust7.
Thanks. I didn't send any email to zabservice@kmk.org yet but I am just doing it now. So in that case I cannot follow the procedure you mentioned above and have to go through kmk.org and their process of 3 months? 

Should I also visit embessy again and try to convince them that I have a valid 4 years degree, will that help? 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/27/14 6:07 AM as a reply to Mani Bro.
Sorry to intrude in between..

Is it not 48,300 EUR fstarting 2014 ??

Babu Kilari
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/2/14 4:56 PM as a reply to Babu Kilari.
I think it is a little below 48,000. At least that is what I've found on the internet. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/3/14 7:11 AM as a reply to Mani Bro.
To the best of my knowledge, for the year 2014, it has been changed. Earlier it used to be 47600/-
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/22/16 5:39 PM as a reply to trust7.
trust7:
Well, this seems to be bad luck, that the case worker at the Embassy do not like you or that he is just 'not good informed'!

You can pass my contact details to him, in case the employer do not handle work permits often, maybe I can help.

By

Detlef

Hi, i am facing a similar problem. i have done 'Bachelors in electronics engineering' and have got a job offer from germany in engineering domain. i have applied for the visa and have given the visa interview too. however the visa officer has asked me to submit the degree equivalence certificate. at first i submitted the pdf prints from  Anabin database that 'bachelor of engineering' in Pakistan is recognized. (along with print of my university status which is H+). however the visa office called me again saying that the anabin document mentions 'bachelor of engineering' where as my degree is 'bachelor of electronics engineering'!!! i would like to know what can i do to get past this step.
since i will be applying for blue card as my salary is 45k EUR ( salary limit is ~38k EUR for engineering domain), do you think ill have to get comparability certificate from ZAB? and if yes can i use the blue card option as it says it will take 2 weeks as compared to 3-4 months. thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/24/16 1:30 PM as a reply to azmat bilal.
azmat bilal:
trust7:

By

Detlef

Hi, i am facing a similar problem. i have done 'Bachelors in electronics engineering' and have got a job offer from germany in engineering domain. i have applied for the visa and have given the visa interview too. however the visa officer has asked me to submit the degree equivalence certificate. at first i submitted the pdf prints from  Anabin database that 'bachelor of engineering' in Pakistan is recognized. (along with print of my university status which is H+). however the visa office called me again saying that the anabin document mentions 'bachelor of engineering' where as my degree is 'bachelor of electronics engineering'!!! i would like to know what can i do to get past this step.
since i will be applying for blue card as my salary is 45k EUR ( salary limit is ~38k EUR for engineering domain), do you think ill have to get comparability certificate from ZAB? and if yes can i use the blue card option as it says it will take 2 weeks as compared to 3-4 months. thanks.
Hi Azmat,

I applied on 21st of October and got a call today from the embassy to get my degree verified from ZAB by mailing them the required documents. Although my degree is present in the anabin database but still embassy is asking for the degree evaluation certificate.

I wanted to know how did you proceed with it? Did you get the certificate using the blue card option? How much time did it take?  

Looking forward to the response. 

Thanks and kind regards,
Hashim Raza
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7