Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Blue card visa from Paris but dependent visa from India

Toggle
Blue card visa from Paris but dependent visa from India
dependent visa germany work permit dependent visa in parallel family reunion visa embassies in india
Answer
5/11/14 12:41 PM
Dear All,
I am happy to find such an amazing forum and I hope, I can get a good advice.
I am an indian currently living in Toulouse,France in a strange situation related to visa for my spouse.
I got married in dec 2013 and my wife is currently in India due to problem with visa regulations in France. I got an offer eligible for blue card from a Berlin company and will be starting my job from June 1st.I already got a 90days work visa (blue card follows then if I understood the forums correctly) in Paris consulate but couldn't apply for it along with my wife.
       When I called German Bangalore consulate in India, they asked me to undergo the same process as Family reunion which doesn't make any sense to me. I am not yet in Germany but only have a 90 days work visa with blue card status. The time they say to process family reunion visa is 8-12 weeks which is equvalent to expiry of my temporary visa.

What should I do in this case ? Can I go ahead and apply for family reunion visa or wait till I get my blue card ? emoticon 
I am already away from my wife for the past 6 months and we are undergoing a tough time. Another long wait period will be highly depressing for both of us emoticon
Please help me!!! I am in dire need of an informed advice.

Thank you very much in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Blue card visa from Paris but dependent visa from India
Answer
5/11/14 12:51 PM as a reply to naki009.
Hi,
you already got the right information from the Consulate! Start the family reunion visa process asap. It is no need to wait until you have your Blue Card in hand, because to get it after the initial three month will be no problem as long as your new employer pays the required minmum salary and all taxes and social contribuions, which is mandatory for all employers in Germany. 

Search our forum for 'spouse visa' and I am sure you will find valuable tips and info from other users who already experienced the family reuninon process.

If you are very lucky, your spouse will get her visa earlier than you get your Blue Card!

Let me welcome you in Germany and at trust7!

Good luck
Detlef emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

germany work permit dependent visa in parallel family reunion visa embassies in india
Answer
5/11/14 12:59 PM as a reply to trust7.
@trust7 : Thank you very much for your reply.
My fear is with the consulates in India - They are taking around 8-12 weeks for processing a dependant visa irrespective of whatever it is. This time is primarliy to get the marriage verified. After the marriage verification, if they find out that my visa has expired according to their papers, wouldn't it be a problem ?

At the moment, I still have to get my house contract and bank account. But, I have a legal work contract and can produce any other letters from my present employer. Would it be enough to go ahead and apply please ?

Thanks a lot for your cooperation.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/11/14 2:37 PM as a reply to naki009.
yes, you can start it now. If they want anything else, you can always ask your employer for support!

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/11/14 6:30 PM as a reply to trust7.
I will start the process and will get back to this thread with more updates. Thank you very much for your suggestions
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott