Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Cost of Living in Erlangen

Toggle
Cost of Living in Erlangen
salary erlangen
Answer
5/1/14 10:44 AM
Hello,

I am having a discussion with a German based company for a job opportunity. Work Location would be probably Erlangen.

Now I am not finding much details about Erlangen, it will be a great help if you can give an idea about cost of living in Erlangen and some idea on Erlangen as city.

I am expecting salary,even though not finalized yet, in between 49-50K/Annum before tax.
[Job Role : Software Testing/Validation in Automotive Domain].
Is it standard or too low ? Will I be able to have decent life style [with my wife] and how much I can expect to save out of this?

Thanks & Regards,
Ranadeep
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Cost of Living in Erlangen
Answer
5/1/14 7:59 PM as a reply to Ranadeep Dhar.
Hello Ranadeep,

Cost of living is a relative term. It depends on what kind of lifestyle you want to live or can afford.
I would suggest you to break down your expeditures into the rent for the apartment, food, travel etc. Look for apartments online (eg: immobilienscout24.de) to get an idea of how the apartment prices are and what you like/afford. Estimate how much you want to travel. and basic food cost is very less in Germany. Then you might come to an understanding of how your lifestyle and savings would be.
Dont forget to calculate tax before estimating your expenditures.

Sorry i cant specifically tell you about Erlangen.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Cost of Living in Erlangen
Answer
5/1/14 8:18 PM as a reply to Vigyan Tumuluri.
Hello VT18,

Thanks for your response.

You are correct that cost of living is relative term. I have experience in staying in Turin, where my monthly expenses were around around 650 Euro ( Rent+Internet = 350 (108sqm apartment shared by 3), Food Apprx = 150, Monthly Travel Pass = 50, MISC = 100 ).

It was not too lavish but was quite comfortable and well moderated life. It will be really be helpful if someone can give me an idea about how much expenses, compare to this expenses, I can expect in Erlangen, since in internet I am find details about other cities like Munich, Berlin but not for Erlangen.

One thing, how about the public transport in Erlangen, it is chepaer+easy to use public transport or better buy/rent a car ?

Thanks & Regards,
Ranadeep
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3