Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

I am applying from London and my wife applying Family reunion from India

Toggle
Hi All,

I am not sure if anyone has seen the situation like this. I am in London from last 3 year and have got an offer from one of the employer in Germany. I have applied for the employment Visa here in London on 24rth April 2014. My date of joining to the new company in Germany is 1st of July 2014.Also I got married in Feb 2014 and now want my wife to bring over to Germany. My wife would be applying her Visa from Kolkata India. I have the following queries in regard to my wife's Visa :

1.) Is it possible for German Embassy to process the Visa for my wife in parallel with my. How difficult would it be for them to coordinate with german embassy London. P.S : I have applied from London on 24rth of April 2014 and she will be appying in Kolkata on 5th of May 2014.

2.) I am eligible for "Blue Card"(Since minimum salary requirement is fulfilled and I have got the degree certificate which is listed in "http://anabin.kmk.org"). So is it required for her to get the Level 1 German Knowledge certification? I have heard that if you are eligible for Blue Card then your spouse does not need to be german knkowledge certified.

Your response would be highly appreciated!

Cheers
Sud
0 (0 Votes)

RE: I am applying from London and my wife applying Family reunion from Indi
Answer
4/29/14 6:22 PM as a reply to Sudhanshu Shekhar.
1. They will not coordinate with London embassy. It is better to wait till you get the visa.
2. No German for spouse
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/29/14 7:18 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hi Cebit,

Thanks for your reply! I have asked the same query mentioned in this post to "German Consulate Kolkata India" and they replied affirmative, saying that it would not be a problem with them if she is going to apply from German Embassy Kolkata India. And her Visa process can be processed in parallel with my application. The second query reply was same as yours.

Regards
sshekhar
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/30/14 3:42 AM as a reply to Sudhanshu Shekhar.
Your spouse application will be on hold till you get your visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/2/15 9:18 AM as a reply to Sudhanshu Shekhar.
Hello,

I wanted to check on this post as my situation is very similar.

For the last 9 months I was living in London along with my husband. My husband got a job with a company in Munich and we went to the embassy in London for visa application. While they accepted my husband's documents and issued him a blue card the next day, I was told that there is a verification process and it would be prudent on my part to apply from Kolkata. 

On 19th March, 2015 I applied for my Family Reunion Visa from the Kolkata Embassy. The embassy collected both visa charges and the verification charges from me and also took my biometrics. After which I was sent home. 

The visa process seems to be like a black box as there isn't any tracking mechanism or method of finding out what's going on. 

Q1. My husband will relocate to Munich only by end-April. Does that affect my visa chances in any way. 

Q2. Also, what is the verification process? My marriage certificate has already been apostilled. Does that help in any way? Do the authorities visit my home or do they do the verification at back-end?

Q3. Also do I need to do any follow-ups regarding my visa, both here or in Munich? What is the right time to do follow-ups, if any. 

Thanks a lot. 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18