Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work Permit Application Procedure and SLA time

Toggle
Work Permit Application Procedure and SLA time
visa work permit
Answer
4/27/14 10:05 AM
Hello All, I need your suggestion and guide for the following things. ICurrently, I am working in a Indian IT company. I am planning to move Germany by joining Germany Company. And currently giving interview to the companies.  Now I would like to know since I need work-permit to be prepared, what is the earliest availability time I should mention to the companies (My Notice Period in the current company is 2 months)?   If I get a contract from the company how should I proceed for applying the WP, is it better to go and apply by myself or better go via agent? And when should resign in my current Indian company ? 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Work Permit Application Procedure and SLA time
Answer
4/27/14 3:35 PM as a reply to Ranadeep Dhar.
Assume you get a job offer in hand today, it would take about 4 months (2m for WP and 2 m for notice period) before land in Germany. I would mention 2-3 months to the employer. 

You can check German VFS website about the procedure. Apply at the consulate direct. No Agents..
Resign only after you get the WP. Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/27/14 4:16 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hello Cebit, Thanks a ton for your response. I would like to know one more thing i.e. if I mention my employer 2-3 months & if I resign only after getting WP, definitely there will be delay more than 2-3 months. So, how should I handle this , should I clearly mention to the employer that I going to resign only after getting the WP since employer will definitely be able to know whether WP has been approved or not so they might come and ask me why there are another 2 months of delay while I'm serving the actual notice period  or this is the standard procedure ? Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/28/14 5:19 AM as a reply to Ranadeep Dhar.
If the employer is willing to wait for 4-5 months, then you can mention so. They normally include a clause that job offer is valid only when they get WP.  It is  implied that you will resign only when you get a WP because the work contract is invalid without WP. Once they send a job contract, they do wait till you get WP. Mentioning 2-3 months is ok.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/1/14 10:10 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thanks Cebit emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18