Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Problem with last appartment owner

Toggle
Problem with last appartment owner
Answer
6/17/11 1:07 PM
Hi,

A friend of mine change his apartment. His apartment was always having schimmel and house master (the owner living in the same house) sprayed many times and even one time my friend has to stay out.

As he left the house, the house master told me him to go and be easy and not to worry about paint etc. He said, he will manage everything and you do not have to worry and in worst case you may have to pay like 100 euros. He was quite nice and etc.

now he left without any paper work and after one and half month he got a bill of 1500 euros including (1100 euros for painting and removing of schimmel , 400 euros as month rent ).

Now the question is, what he can do to avoid this cost ? Schimmel was already there when he got the house and throughout this period he was himself victim of that.
when he already left the house then how come he has to pay rent for the month when the construction was going on?

Any idea ?

Regards
Zeeshan.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Problem with last appartment owner
Answer
6/17/11 1:21 PM as a reply to Zeeshan Javeed.
ask him to contact a "mietverein". cost around 70 Euros and they will help him
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Problem with last appartment owner
Answer
7/22/11 4:43 PM as a reply to Zeeshan Javeed.
I had the same problem there was schimmel in the appartment and in this case if you don't cause it the vermieter must carry the costs. be aware that sprays and stuff like that to fight schimmel is completely useless! the cause of schimmel is humidity and you need to fight the root reason of the problem (in my case it was a broken water pipe). to fix this specialized people is needed (in germany) the whole wall needs to be repaired and repainted. this costs a lot of money and that's the 1500 euros that the vermieter wants to steal from your friend :-(.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott