Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Child Born (Complicated Passport Problem)

Toggle
Hi,

My wife is from Russia (AufentE) and I (NE-6 years) am from India. My son needs a passport. I understand that he can not have passports from the two countries.

Other option would be that we both get his name entered in our passports (technically possible, I have checked). But then:
1. What would that mean for him, will he be Indian or Russian or both (citizenship)?
2. Additionally if we travel to India or Russia, will he need visa for any/or both countries?
3. Will he inherit the travel visas which I have or my wife has?

You guys are good and knowledgeable, though I am not regular Trust 7 visistor, but my brother is :-). Please provide some light here...

Thanks,
T7
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Child Born (Complicated Passport Problem)
Answer
12/10/08 6:33 PM as a reply to Noman Sattar.
1. What would that mean for him, will he be Indian or Russian or both (citizenship)?

I am sure your son can get a indian passport. Register him with the Indian consulate. Maybe you can do the same with Russian consulate as well.

2. Additionally if we travel to India or Russia, will he need visa for any/or both countries?

Yes, if he doesnot have the passport of the country to be visited

3. Will he inherit the travel visas which I have or my wife has?

I think not. But better ask the embassy.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/08 7:07 PM as a reply to Noman Sattar.
check http://mha.nic.in/citizenship/acquisition.htm

your son is eligible
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/08 7:22 PM as a reply to Noman Sattar.
Thanks for quick response!

But...
Indian passport is possible, but they want to get "no objection certificate" from Russian embassy, stating that we will not apply for Russian citizenship.

This creates complications for future travel to Russia (tourist visa).

All questions are based on the condition, if I get him entered in my and my wifes passport.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/08 7:32 PM as a reply to Noman Sattar.
You have to see which passport is tougher to get. I would suggest Indian passport is easier to get later even if you dont take it now. Visit visa to india is also easier and dont see any big problem in it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/08 7:45 PM as a reply to Noman Sattar.
Thanks again!

Indian passport is possible with trouble of going to Russian Embassy, which is also quite hard. Secondly he woudl have only Indian citizenship in that case.

I will find out process for Russian passport.

After 1 year I may get german passport, then I will try to get him German passport as well. So..

May be for 1-2 years he can just be in our passport. If traveling to India and Russia is easily possible.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/11/08 11:09 AM as a reply to Noman Sattar.
HI t7,

If understood well, you have NE (permanent residence)...did you already have when your child was born? If this is the case, then your child can get the German citizenship straight away, from the moment he's born in DE...check the law regarding German citizenship.

cheers,
Ari
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3