Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Need Help for Schengen Visitor Visa - Fiancee / Friend Visa rejected

Toggle
Hi All,

I need your help regarding Schengen visitor visa for my fiancee for Germany. I will put it below for your easy understanding:-

I am in Germany from last 5 years and in his month getting married. Since this year by August or September I will be moving back to India finally so couldn't apply for the resident permit for my future wife. In order to have visa ready on time and to make sure everything is well arranged, i got my fiancee applied for visitor visa for 90 days starting from mid of May with formal obligation letter (Verpflichtungserklärung) from Germany. In this letter I mentioned her as friend due to the reason that I am not yet married so can't have marriage certificate which we can show to embassy and with wife coming in the picture there could be several other things coming up. It's also important to mention that she is not working and at the moment dependent on her parents.

Now the situation is that her visitor visa got rejected stating several reasons:-

Justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not provided
your intention to leave the territory of the member state before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.
your family roots in India couldn't be proved sufficiently.
your economic rootage in India couldn't be proved sufficiently.

So please advise now what to do. I am planning to re-apply for the visitor visa after getting married explaining them the reason of not applying for long term due to my planned shifting to India in August end. Please share your experience and suggestions to avoid the rejection again.

Regards, AK
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Need Help for Schengen Visitor Visa - Fiancee / Friend Visa rejected
Answer
4/2/14 11:40 AM as a reply to Apurva Kaushik.
You can appeal against the decision at the consulate. They are supposed to reply within 3 months. They might reply within 15 days. 

I would suggest it is better to apply after your marriage. Then your fiancee has a very good chance to get the visa. Family ties to you are demonstrated and all other questions are answered. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/2/14 11:47 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thanks cebit for your prompt reply.

I think appeal response duration could be varying between 10 days to 3 months without any guranatee of getting it thru so I think re-apply would be a better bet and also due to the fact that during appral phase you can't apply for any sort of visa.

One question came again in front of me that if I re-applied for my wife's visa then how to prove or provide confidence that she will come back to India after visa period gets over to counter their arguement of denial related to not having substantical family roots to come back.

I just don't want to have next rejection so trying to grab every bit of information which I can put up in front.

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/2/14 11:50 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Irrespective of the duration of stay, your spouse should have applied for Family Union visa. Because of wrong guidance or some inputs you would have applied for visit visa. I would suggest not to go again. Instead apply dependent visa well in advance and with regular follow ups you guys can expect those 90 days easily here without any further questions. So all the best. 
0 (0 Votes)

The person is still his fiance and not spouse.  You cannot apply for spouse visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Thanks hprj, but as cebit said below I can't apply for family reunion visa without having marraige certificate and the process for family reunion visa processing time officially is 3 months and by this time my tenure will be over if I go this way after marriage, and due to this I opted for visitor visa way.

since now first time it got rejected, so how we can plan that next time it doesn't get the same treatment and what precautions we can take in order to do that.

I have one question regarding formal obligation letter (Verpflichtungserklärung), if i can get it issued for wy wife even when she is not my wife officially and would be later in this month. My plan is to get this obligation letter before I leave Germany for wedding and after marriage and getting marriage certificate I would re-apply for the visa. So can you suggest if I can get it issued for my wife before getting married?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/2/14 1:42 PM as a reply to Apurva Kaushik.
Yes, you  have to mention in Verpflichtungserklärung  form that she is your fiancee (will get married to her on xx.04.2014), where they ask for information regarding relation.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott