Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Exception for spouse Visa of Germany

Exception for spouse Visa of Germany
Answer
3/28/14 11:39 PM
Hello everyone,

I
 have a question regarding the VISA application of my spouse, whether she requires a German Language Certificate or not? As it is commonly heard that your spouse has to take the German language certificate, but yesterday I came across an exception stating that:

"If the spouse already living in Germany is employed as a highly qualified worker or researcher and the marriage existed prior to their entry into Germany (section 30, subs. 1, sentence 2, number 1 of the Residence Act),"

source: 
http://www.bamf.de/EN/Migration/EhepartnerFamilie/ehepartnerfamilie.html

Well, I was married before coming to Germany, so the second requirement is fulfilled. Now I am wondering whether I come under the category of High qualified worker or not. I have a B.Sc. Computer Engineering (4-years) from Pakistan and M.Sc. Signal Processing (2-years) from Finland. Currently, I am employed by the University of Bonn as a Research Assistant (under TVL-13 contract) and have recently started my PhD. Does anyone in the group has any idea/experience if my wife can be exempted from the requirement of A1-Certifcate? And yes, we both are from Pakistan. 

Thanks!!
Umar Iqbal
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3