Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Residence permit application while relocating to another city within German

Toggle
Residence permit application while relocating to another city within German
residence permit relocation
Answer
3/27/14 11:17 AM
Hi,

greetings to all !  

I need your suggestion regarding my residence permit application. I'm trying to get an appointment at the Immigration office. Meanwhile I also thought to post my queries in this forum to know about the experience of others.

I'm currently working in Bonn and my current job contract is going to end in May. I already have a new job contract in Berlin that starts from June. So my current residence/work permit will also expire on May and I need to apply for a new one. My questions are:

1. Can I apply for the residence permit while I'm in Bonn (Plan:A) or first I need to go Berlin with a temporary visa and then can apply for the new residence permit (Plan: "B"?

2. My spouse is working in Bonn on a dependent visa (eligible for Bluecard) and also planning to move to Berlin. However, she doesn't has any offer yet and she would like to continue her work in Bonn (contract valid till 2015), unless she gets a new offer in Berlin. In this situation, I was wondering what will be the best way to handle her residence permit depending on Plan:A or Plan:B of my residence permit application.

I  searched the forum but did not find any post that already has the answer to my queries so thought to start this new thread. It will be very helpful if you kindly share your experience/ suggestions.

best,
obc
0 (0 Votes)

1. residence permit needs to be applied at the place you reside. Bonn is ok.
2. Plan A. apply in Bonn for her

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3