Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Recommendations for travel from Berlin to Frankfurt (and in between German

Toggle
Hello there
I'm sure everybody is getting sick of people asking questions relating to Germany in June time. Unfortunately this is another so I apologise in advance and would be very appreciative if anyone was able to offer any assistance.
Me and a friend are travelling to Germany for the World Cup and we land in Berlin at 6 o'clock in the evening. We need to travel to Frankfurt by 2PM the next day in order to watch the first England match. However, we are not sure what is the best way to get from Berlin to Frankfurt in the same night. We were thinking of an internal flight but would preferably like to avoid this, and in an attempt at conserving a little bit of cash we would like something like an overnight coach journey or something so we could get a bit of shuteye on the way, thus eliminating a vigorous awake journey plus having somewhere to put our head down on the first night.
I would also be very grateful if anyone could suggest forms of transport between cities as we will be doing a lot of travelling while out there for the fortnight. It sounds like the trains could be the best option but I'm not sure how much this would be and if there is a a way of picking up a Travel card or something similar ? Plus any suggestions for places to stay - hostels, camp sites, cheap Bed & Breakfasts, anything really. The only hostels I can find seem to be full now.

Is there any generous feeling Germans or travellers out there with vast experience and knowledge of how to get about Germany in the cheapest way possible that can offer any information ?

Thanking you in advance ; )
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Recommendations for travel from Berlin to Frankfurt (and in between Ger
Answer
1/23/06 9:59 PM as a reply to Rob Kozlowski.
Hi there!

I think such a polite question deserves an answer :-)

Unfortunatelay I am a bit short of time at the moment, but maybe I can motivate some other community members to give you some tips!?

I have just one... try this website from the German Railway:

http://www.bahn.de/-SemoticontVOR9:dJhzT9NNfbYj3tNNNOxM/p/view/international/englisch/international_guests.shtml

And book everything early, but I am sure you know this.

Lots of fun
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3