Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse Visa - Where to apply?

Toggle
Spouse Visa - Where to apply?
Answer
3/20/14 2:40 PM
Hi all,

I have been working in Germany for last 2.5 years and plan to get married in May through a court marriage. I come from Pune and my wife is from Jaipur. So should she apply for a spouse visa in Mumbai or Delhi? Would be nice if someone has some clues or prior experience.

Also, my current Aufensthaltstitel expires in end of October. Would this be a problem for my wife to apply?

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Shrey
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spouse Visa - Where to apply?
Answer
3/21/14 8:09 AM as a reply to Shrey Bhatia.
Jaipur

they are normally asking for 6 months validity. Some case workers may waive this.

good luck
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spouse Visa - Where to apply?
Answer
3/21/14 10:34 AM as a reply to Shrey Bhatia.
Hi Shrey,

First of all congrats and Google it Dude,

1) a) Here comes the indian law in play you can get marriage certificate from either the native place of the boy (groom) or the place where you got married. That means either you can have your MC from Pune or if you are marrying at Jaipur then Jaipur (Rajasthan).

Assuming Pune- then it will be mumbai.So safe case- u r a native of pune, Get ur marriage registered at Pune and apply from Mumbai (nice consulate).

b) Assuming Jaipur -You need to apply at New Delhi.
http://www.india.diplo.de/Vertretung/indien/Bilder/Consular/Consulate__Finder?view=popup&site=441755

2) For Delhi they have VFS centres where you can submit your documents. Disadvantage may be only that it may take longer than other consulates. For Mumbai there is no VFS you can directly submit by taking an appointment.

http://www.india.diplo.de/Vertretung/indien/en/06__Consu__Visa/visa__new/VISA__ENGLISH.html

3) My 2 cents - increase the validity of your aufenthalstitel . Will help.

Regds,
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18