Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
Work visa
Answer
3/19/14 11:04 PM
Hi,

I work for one of the MNC in hyderabad and I recently got an offer in Germany(Berlin).
I need to apply for work visa. What all are the documents required for visa process and can someone please explain me the process.
I have a scanned copy of offer letter, is that sufficient or still do I need to have original hard copy of offer for applying visa.

Thanks,
Venkat
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Work visa
Answer
3/20/14 11:58 AM as a reply to venkat hari kumar.
Hi Venkat,
Congrats for the job! scan copy would be fine.
u have to apply for a German National visa. the process is clearly explained in the consulate website, just prepare those documents and take an appointment. search in the forum for any other details.
if u are coming under blue card category, check if ur university is recognised in anabin.de database. (This is a must). Then submit the print out of the anabin recognition along with other documents in checklist.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/20/14 9:04 PM as a reply to venkat hari kumar.
Hi Venkat,

Congrats on your job offer! Could you please tell me how did you apply for jobs from India and also your experience, german language skills, etc.

It would be helpful. 

Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/21/14 10:39 AM as a reply to venkat hari kumar.
Hi Venkat,

Not a big deal you may either ask your employer to post you the original offer letter or ask them to fax it to consulate on your appointment day.

You may need to convince the visa officer but it should work. rest points as explained by  vt18.

@vickys- a small suggestion if I may if you are planning a long term career in Germany. Don't come witout B2 and test DAF. or else if you have ample amount of time do your masters in Germany and then work.

Regds,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/27/14 11:19 AM as a reply to saikat sanyal.
Hi All,

Thanks for all your help.

I got the contract documents through courier yesterday and booked for the visa interview for next week.

I have few questions, could you someone please help me on that,
As per the Employement Visa Check List I see the below two,

Job Profile as required by the Federal Employment Agency (BA): http://www.arbeitsagentur.de/web/wcm/idc/groups/public/documents/webdatei/mdaw/mdk3/~edisp/l6019022dstbai383515.pdf 
If applicable – Approval by the Federal Emplyoment Agency or ID-Number of Approval 

I am not appying under blue card category.I got a Federal Employment Agency (BA) document filled by Employer. What is the document, "Approval by the Federal Emplyoment Agency or ID-Number of Approval?" Who will provide this? Is the same document (BA) as employer provided? Or I still need that document?

And also I see the below information in check list,

As of July 2013, Blue Card applications and applications with a “BA-Vorabprüfung” (Approval by the Federal Employment Agency) can – under certain circumstances - be directly decided by the German Missions, resulting in a processing time of approximately ten days. Other employment visa applications, such as for deputations, still have to be forwarded to the competent immigration authorities in Germany; processing will take approximately six to eight weeks. 

So will it comes under“BA-Vorabprüfung” (Approval by the Federal Employment Agency) can – under certain circumstances - be directly decided by the German Missions, resulting in a processing time of approximately ten days." ? or the other category?

And can I have any Indian communities in Berlin please?

Thanks.

@ Vicky,

About Job oppurtunity: One of my friend was suggested me to apply in company websites, so I always search for germany companies in LinkedIn and applied, finally got a call from one company and cleared the interview.

German Skills: I do not have German skills, and as per my Employer job profile German is not mandatory, and also while interview they said it's not mandatory and you can learn here.

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/15/14 8:09 AM as a reply to venkat hari kumar.
Hi All,

I also got job offer from berlin. I am also planning to move soon. I got contract hard copy also. I have same doubt as venkat what is
Job Profile as required by the Federal Employment Agency
(BA): http://www.arbeitsagentur.de/web/wcm/idc/groups/public/documents/webdatei/mdaw/mdk3/~edisp/l6019022dstbai383515.pdf

If applicable – Approval by the Federal Emplyoment Agency or ID-Number of Approval 

I got job offer of 40K Euro per annum so i fall under blue card. So is there any additional process do i need to follow.

@Venkat:
How did you filled the residential address of germany in employment annexure form.
Can you please tell me the process.

How long it took to you for visa approval.

Thanks
Ramesh
0 (0 Votes)

mumbai national visa work permit zav revised zav new zav incorrect zav
Answer
8/24/17 1:47 PM as a reply to Ramesh Baddam.
Hello everyone!

I applied for a work permit visa at the consulate in Mumbai on 2nd July '17.

I faced a problem during the interview, the interviewer told me that my ZAV (pre-work approval) was incorrect, and asked me to submit a revised copy of it. Luckily, the relocation agency that is helping me managed to get a revised copy on the same day. I submitted this new version via email, as instructed by the consulate. But I still haven't heard from them. Frankly, I am a bit worried because of the glitch occured during the process. 

Did anyone else had to go through a similar ordeal? Could you kindly share your experience?
Many thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/17 9:59 AM as a reply to Yatrik Bodhe.
Hello Yatrik Bodhe,
Please help me on this if you have any information regarding this.

I am working as a Software Engineer in India and recently got a job contract from German Employer. This is the first time my employer involved in recruiting outside EU and not clear on the process.
On behalf of my employer, I need some information so that we can prepare the documents accordingly before my scheduled appointment.

Below is my query related to work permit visa, please help us with this

1) My employer called "Agentur für Arbeit" to check whether he needs approval from the agency, but as per communication from Agentur für Arbeit, for IT professional (Software Engineer), employer don't need any approval from the agency.

Could you please brief us on this, whether the approval letter is required from Agentur für Arbeit or any other agency during the interview with German Embassy in India or there is any salary limit above which no approval is required.

Looking forward to you on this.

Thanks for all valuable help.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/23/17 10:34 AM as a reply to Vinod Mehta.
Hi Vinod.  Sorry for the delay in my response, I just saw your post.
I take by approval you mean ZAV (pre-approval), I am no expert in this area, but my general understanding is that it's always good to have ZAV attached to your application. If you need more help on this matter, I recommend you joining Indians in Germany (Deutschland) on Facebook. The group is very active and you usually get help for your queries there. If there are more questions please feel free to ask. Best luck for your application. 
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
11/9/17 10:40 AM as a reply to Yatrik Bodhe.
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]Hello Yatrik Bodhe,
My employer applied for pre-approval but we haven't heard anything from "Agentur für arbeit" from last three weeks and when my employer followed up with them, they said the person who is handling the case is on leave[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif].
I have one query for you
"Do IT professional get the pre-approval easily if they get salary more then minimum wage defined for the blue card skilled worker category and working conditions and culture is same as for German Nationals".
Thanks for all information 
Regards
Vinod Mehta
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7