Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse visa after getting EU Blue Card

Toggle
Spouse visa after getting EU Blue Card
Answer
3/16/14 12:42 PM
Hello,

I'm an Egyptian citizen currently living and working in Paris, France, I recently got a job offer in Berlin, I accepted the offer and will start the EU Blue Card process very soon so I move to berlin within the next 3 months, and since I'm married but my wife is currently in Egypt, I have two questions about this situation:

1- Is there anyway that she can apply directly for a family reunifcation even before I get the blue card? a friend of mine was told at the German Embassy in Cairo that if the wife is mentioned in the employement contract, she can apply directly. So if it's possible what shall I ask the employer to add my contract so it can facilitate the process for her?

2- If it's not possible, how long does it usually take for her to finalize everything one I'm in berlin, I mean how long does it take for me to issue the blue card, and for her to continue the process?

Thanks a lot for your help,
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spouse visa after getting EU Blue Card
Answer
3/16/14 6:18 PM as a reply to Ismail Aldawoudy.
Hi,

when you fill the form for your work permit application, you will be asked if you bring your spouse/family or not. Just write that you will come together and the process for your spouse will be started too.

Search our forum to get more information from the experiences others have already made.

It is no need to write anything about your spouse into your employment contract.

This is no legal advice!

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spouse visa after getting EU Blue Card
Answer
3/16/14 7:59 PM as a reply to Ismail Aldawoudy.
Welcome to Germany, the strong man of Europe.

1) Blue card you will get when you arrive in Germany. If she was a resident of Paris, you could have a made a joint applicaiton at the  Paris embassy. Your wife's application will be decided along with yours.It is best to wait untill you enter Germany and then apply for your spouse reunion visa. You could also try applying for Egypt mentioning that you are having an employment contract. I am not sure whether your wife's visa file will be linked to yours. This may lead to a stalemate and hence MIGHT lead to visa rejection.
Your wife's name will not be added in the German employment contract.

2) Marriage certificate of some nations might undergo verification. dont know whether Egypt is one among them. Verification takes upto 3 months.

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18