Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visa for Spouse

Toggle
Visa for Spouse
visa spouse
Answer
3/11/14 8:53 AM
Hello

I recently got married in Dubai. I am German and still have my official address in Germany and my Husband is Bangladeshi.

I was so excited to go on a Honeymoon to Germany and France. However his schengen visa was refused.

The reason they gave was basically that they do not believe he would have come back to Dubai. I can see why they would think so, however he had no intention of staying in Germany illegally. He also does not need to since he is married to a German.LOL

Ok, the one thing is that our holiday plans are ruined which is ok. There is no urgent reason to go to Germany-other than that I was excited to show my Husband around.

The big deal is that I am now extremely scared that his long term visa (once we decide to move to Germany) will also be denied.
We are both really scared. I am at the point where I can not tolerate Dubai anymore. It is a miserable sandpit and it is too hot to go out for half of the year-even at night. Before we got married I had a job proposal and I was very eager to start a life here. However things did not go as planned and I quickly grew tired of the place.

Now my question. I was under the assumtion that a long term visa for a spouse is automatically given, as long and the spose has language skills and is not a criminal,et.

but recently i did read about visa refusals.
I am so paranoid now. Of course i want to be with my husband and start a new life. I can not even begin to imagine having to stay here much longer...

Can anyone give me advise? I am scared that he will never be granted a visa now !!! Help !
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Visa for Spouse
Answer
3/11/14 11:48 AM as a reply to Fran Klaiber.
As for as I know there would not be any problems in getting Family union visa if you have all required papers. I have heard many cases of rejections when spouse applies for short-term visa rather than long term. So without any hesitations you can go ahead and apply one. Good luck.

PS: This advice is from personal/friend's experiences but not legal.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/11/14 12:28 PM as a reply to Fran Klaiber.
I really do not think that rejection of one kind of visa can influence following application. My student visa application was rejected. After 4 months when I applied for a business visa it was granted and after 6 months when I again applied for student visa, it was granted too.

But yes, if one tried to cheat by giving false papers then it could influence the following application. But family reunion visa rejection shall not be that easy until you fail to provide proof of sufficient financial means to support your family and of course other pre-requisites like Germany language may also play a roll.

All the best!
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/11/14 12:58 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Thanks ! Well actually since I am German I would not even have to give prove of sufficiant funds. A long term visa seems more easy that a tourist visa. LOL
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/14 1:03 AM as a reply to Fran Klaiber.
Did your husband applied for visa? and did he get it?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott