Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Medical Insurance Info.

Toggle
Medical Insurance Info.
Answer
6/22/10 1:54 PM
Hi All,

Me and my wife both are insured under a Public Insurance scheme(Not my choice but my company registers all the employees under this)

My wife was hospitalized for a week ,end of January 2010. At the time of discharge the hospital authorities didnt charge us a penny and mentioned that the insurance will take care of it 100%.

Now recently almost after 6 months, I recieve a bill from my insurance company which states that we owe the company an amount of 50€ at the rate of 10€ per day for 5 days of hospitilization.

When contacted the insurance company, they mentioned that its a standard in Germany to pay 10€ per day for hospitilization. My friends who are insured with other companies havent got anything of this kind.

Was just curious to know if its right. However, I have already paid this to the insurance company, and I just wanted to know about it and felt it will be of help to other trust7 members.

Cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Medical Insurance Info.
Answer
6/22/10 2:37 PM as a reply to Madhusudan Gowda.
Ya, They are right. 10€ per day if you stay in Hospital.

But there are some exemptions, for example during entbindung (Child birth) its completely free.

It depends on the individual hospital and insurance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/22/10 4:57 PM as a reply to Madhusudan Gowda.
when my wife had came to germany on visit visa , she was hospitalized for 3 days due to emergency.

I had taken ADAC insurance. i got a letter from hospital with copy of bills and explains that so far they didnt get money from ADAC insurance and when i enquired hospital, they told me that to wait for one more weeks if insurance didnt pay, then i have to pay the amount and also further consultation the hospital told me that ADAC insurance had denied to provide guarantee. so that i had paid for second time.

when i had read the ADAC insurance policy procedure its mentioned that during emergency condition all hopstitalisation and consultation charges will be covered.

I hope i should consult ADAC office at munich regarding the payment, Does any one have similar experience regarding ADAC insurance claim on visit visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/22/10 6:02 PM as a reply to Madhusudan Gowda.
@friend082 : Can you post the outcome of ADAC issue. I am interested to know.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott