Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

National visa in Bangalore and EU blue card in Berlin

Toggle
Hey Guys,
This forum is mind blowing.

I have few questions that are holding up my decision. Hope I get some help.

1. I am due my national visa interview at bangalore consulate this Friday. Am planning to drop my papers in the current company only after my visa is approved. I have to serve 2 months notice. If my entry visa is valid for only 3 months, and I reach Berlin only after consuming 2 months of validity, considering the time required for blue card appointment after 1 month I.e 3rd month of my visa validity. ......am I in trouble? Can I still be in Berlin after the validity of entry visa?

2.I have to travel internationally during my visa process. I need my passport. Will the visa process continue without my passport and just with photocopies?

3. Do I have to submit covering letter both from myself and from employer?

Guys please help me. Thanks.

Regards,
Max.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: National visa in Bangalore and EU blue card in Berlin
Answer
3/9/14 3:19 PM as a reply to Maximus.
1, Mention in your cover letter that you will travel to Germany after 2 months. So the visa will be valid from the date when you actually fly for 3 months.  even if your entry visa is valid for 1 month after you fly to Berlin no problem

2. They will not hold the passport.

3. The website mentions your cover letter.  Follow their checklist only

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/11/14 12:28 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hi Maximus,

1) I agree with Cebit, they will specifically ask you your intended date to start the employment during endorsing the visa (or may be its already written in your work contract). So I think you can resolve this.
Also, I received my Blue card within 3 weeks (documents should be in order). But ya don't submit anything during X-mas holidays. ;)

2) Agreed, once the visa is approved they will give you a call and then you need to submit the passport may be for 2 days.

3) Personal Experience- I just asked my employer to fax a letter from their side. I suppose it may help. I coudn't believe they process work permits so fast. (different story for spouse visa, may be some other time) emoticon

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/11/14 12:44 PM as a reply to saikat sanyal.
Thanks cebit and hope2shine....that really helps.
My contract already mentions Apr 7th as joining date.if I put a different date in covering letter will it contradict?

Did you apply for blue card from bangalore? I was thinking we will get entry visa first. Then enter germany, register residence and then apply for blue card. Am I missing something? Let me know.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/11/14 1:03 PM as a reply to Maximus.
Hi Maximus,

1) Since your contract already mentions a particular date don't alter that or rather I should say you any discrepancy will make your case complex. So just explain the situation to them and the date on which you would like to fly/ reach Germany.

2) Unfortunately, I can't suggeste concretely anything about Banglore because I applied from Mumbai and the people were very nice in explaining and understanding the things. But yes, I do know certain cases where the people were understanding in other parts so you should prepare your case well.

3) If my understanding is correct you may have already notified your employer about your wish to serve notice period, In that case they may change your joining date. Just get some documentary proof and your case will work fine. (Or otherwise you may ask them to compensate the money deducted for not serving your notice period).

4) Regarding Blue Card- Please speak to the concerned officer during interview because I entered Germany when the Blue card was about to be initiated so I entered on a normal aufenthaltstitel and converted it later to Blue Card in Germany. But I think it may be possible to apply from India if you are fulfilling the conditions.

Oh one more thing if you need core info there is a new office that has been opened by the ABH called SCIF (Service Center for International Professional). So based on your location you can contact this office directly and believe me people will listen to you. That's the best part of being in Germany (with documents)..hi hi emoticon ). But ya sometimes you need to push your point.

Oh and yes congrats and welcome to germany. Hopefully, You have secured your contract well. Please go through the thread below it may give you some info regarding your contract.
http://www.trust7.com/forum/-/message_boards/message/749669

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/11/14 8:11 PM as a reply to Maximus.
maximus:
Thanks cebit and hope2shine....that really helps.
My contract already mentions Apr 7th as joining date.if I put a different date in covering letter will it contradict?

Did you apply for blue card from bangalore? I was thinking we will get entry visa first. Then enter germany, register residence and then apply for blue card. Am I missing something? Let me know.

Suppose if you mention that you will travel on 30th April. They will issue a entry visa valid from 30th April. You are not contradicting the offer letter. They know that due to the delay in getting the visa the joining date in many cases goes past the travel date.

Bangalore. Which city are you going to? Entry visa first and the rest follows.

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/12/14 4:56 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thanks guys. Am moving to Berlin. Also the application form asks for duration of stay. My offer being unlimited period of time and knowing that blue card validity is 4 years, is it correct if I mention my duration of stay as 4 years? Any similar situation s u guys came across?
Have my visa interview this Friday. Fingers crossed. Let me know guys.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/12/14 10:18 AM as a reply to Maximus.
you can write 4 years or unlimited - it does not matter. After 2 years you can get permanent residence permit anyway.

That form is very general - filled by students (limited stay), people with limited contract, refugees.

Take it easy..you will get visa within 3 weeks. Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/12/14 10:26 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thanks Jedi knight. I just called up consulate now and the lady mentioned the same i.e to write it as unlimited.

And I agree. The form is very generic. Fits other categories.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/14/14 9:53 AM as a reply to Maximus.
Hello Guys. ....Finally I applied for visa today. No hiccups everything went smooth. Hopefully I will receive visa by 3 weeks. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. I truly appreciate it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/16/14 9:05 PM as a reply to Maximus.
Did you provide any pre-approval from Federal Employment Agency?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/16/14 9:46 PM as a reply to Nauman.
No. According to me, is not required if the salary is above approx. 47k. Sometimes your employer might apply for pre approval to expedite the process.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/14 6:39 AM as a reply to Maximus.
Guys need your help again.
I applied for visa on 14 Mar. I have to travel to USA from 7th Apr to 20th Apr. Which is 4th and 5th week after my visa application. I understand there are chances of getting visa from 3rd to 5th week after application.as am ooc during this time, Is it ok if I get my passport stamped after 2 weeks of approval? Is there a way I can explain my situation that I am out of country and embassy has to wait. I know this is not a common situation to every one. But your insights might help. Let me know. Thanks all.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/14 9:42 AM as a reply to Maximus.
It is fine even if you go there after 2 weeks. It is not uncommon.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott